The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2020

Scroll to see replies

How long after doing the first assessment did you all have to wait to be told if you're on to the next stage?
Reply 881
Original post by Lani_mos
How long after doing the first assessment did you all have to wait to be told if you're on to the next stage?

Just a day after the first behavioural assessment :smile:
I'm still waiting for a reply after the video assessment, it has been almost 2 weeks now.
Anyone taken the devops coding test? Just wanted to know what sort of topics I should revise?
Has anyone successfully completed the video interview for the software testing scheme? If so, what type of questions are asked (technical, competency, etc.)? Thanks.
hey! apologies for the (probably) repeat question, but has anybody else applied for the software development apprenticeship in Leeds? i did the initial behavioral/logic assessment and a video assessment a few days after that, but more than a month has passed since then... no rejection yet, just "application under consideration". considering this one was supposed to start in august, it is too late to hear back, right? thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 885
Hey

Has anyone completed the software testing Codility test?

They said it'll involve tests on Python and JavaScript. I only have beginners experience in both of these languages and I will have to practice more since they are not offering a choice for either (I would have liked to do it in Java :frown:)

Any tips for preparation would be great! If you could let me know what sort of questions and concepts are more important, that would really be helpful :smile:

Thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, can I ask what they asked you? and how was the video interview?
Hi,

Can I ask what questions they asked? and how did your video interview go?
Reply 888
Original post by Snguyen1993
Hi, can I ask what they asked you? and how was the video interview?

Hey, sorry I'm a bit unsure if ur talking about the online video assessment stage or the actual video interview (final stage)?
Was anyone's coding assessment in bash script and aws?
Anyone knows long it takes Sky to get back after completing the 2nd online assignment (the one with video recordings)?
Original post by aljbishop
Hey how was the coding part of the assessment with codility? I'm at that stage now also going for the Dev-Ops graduate programme...

hey - how did this go? I've completed the VI waiting patiently to get to this stage. What language did you have to code in? were the questions hard?
Original post by schosen
hey - how did this go? I've completed the VI waiting patiently to get to this stage. What language did you have to code in? were the questions hard?

Me too I am also waiting to get through to the coding assessment stage! when did you complete the last stage?
Original post by Raghadzur
Me too I am also waiting to get through to the coding assessment stage! when did you complete the last stage?

I completed the VI last week so its only been a few days, I'm not sure how long I have to wait before the next stage
Has anyone heard back from Sky? I completed my digital assessments over a week ago and have received no response yet, so I'm slightly concerned.
Original post by Hellomoto12345
Has anyone heard back from Sky? I completed my digital assessments over a week ago and have received no response yet, so I'm slightly concerned.

No need to be concerned, I'm in the same boat there will be a delay because the AC won't start till im guessing around November
Original post by hasan6091
No need to be concerned, I'm in the same boat there will be a delay because the AC won't start till im guessing around November

I'm the same! I received a feedback form about my strengths and suggestions for development - but I am confused if this means I did not get through or not? On the website it still says my application is under consideration but I don't know if I am just being too hopeful?
Original post by mj9971
Just a day after the first behavioural assessment :smile:
I'm still waiting for a reply after the video assessment, it has been almost 2 weeks now.

Did you receive a feedback form at all?
Original post by Lippieart
Yes it was for my first assessment.

Hello! I know this was a year ago, but does everyone receive the feedback report? Or is that only if you failed the first assessment?
Original post by MelissaaC
Hello! I know this was a year ago, but does everyone receive the feedback report? Or is that only if you failed the first assessment?

From my understanding last year everyone received a feedback report after the first assessment and after that, they received the invitation for the 2nd assessment a few days later. Right now I received the feedback report for the first assessment on Thursday, but no second invitation (my application status is still "under consideration"). I suppose we will hear something back next week.

Quick Reply

Latest