The Student Room Group

Help needed: Child nursing degree requirements

Original post by 学生の父
This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

What course are you applying for:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:
(Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.)

I would like to study child nursing. I am thinking of Middlesex, London south bank, Hertfordshire, west London and City University.
In my A level's I am predicted an ABB. my GCSE are all placed at C's apart from two which are D's. AS grades I took three exams, ICT, Medical Science and Health and social care and I got C's in all of them. I have a long list of extra curricular, such as, football, dancing, singing, acting, helping out in local schools and nurseries.
I want help to know what exactly I have to do to get into this course at university. Such as do I need to take any tests, or do I need extra experience. Thanks for your help.
Original post by Aimee-Jayne
I would like to study child nursing. I am thinking of Middlesex, London south bank, Hertfordshire, west London and City University.
In my A level's I am predicted an ABB. my GCSE are all placed at C's apart from two which are D's. AS grades I took three exams, ICT, Medical Science and Health and social care and I got C's in all of them. I have a long list of extra curricular, such as, football, dancing, singing, acting, helping out in local schools and nurseries.
I want help to know what exactly I have to do to get into this course at university. Such as do I need to take any tests, or do I need extra experience. Thanks for your help.

I have moved your post to the Nursing and Midwifery forum. I hope someone can give you a better answer than I could.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Aimee-Jayne

Hi @Aimee-Jayne!

Glad to hear you are considering Hertfordshire! :smile: I am a currently studying at University of Hertfordshire myself.

At Herts we do usually run an interview day for the Child Nursing course. This would include an interview, Maths assessment and English assessment. Our entry requirements are BCC for this course, so based on your AS grades you are very close to achieving this :biggrin:

Other checks include a occupational health screening and a DBS check.

Great to hear that you have a wide range of extra curricular activities. At Hertfordshire we offer most of those activities. We have a wide range of football fixtures (be it the Uni team, casual 5-a-side or the campus league), several dancing societies and a drama society. There are also plenty of opportunities for volunteering in the local area which are supported by the SU.

Whilst work experience may be advantageous for applying to this course, I don't believe it is essential. If you would like to know more about our entry requirements, feel free to drop the Admissions team an email on [email protected].

Also have you managed to make it to an open day at Herts? It's a great opportunity to get a feel for the University, view subject facilities, and tour the campus/accommodation. You can find out more about our open days here, and more about the course here.

Best of luck with your University application. My advice would be to ensure your personal statement is looking good and try to remain focused on your studies/revision when A-Level exams come around. Feel free to ask me any further questions about life at Herts or the application process!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending