The Student Room Group

Chemistry! Help me please!

Copper oxide is reduced by excess hydrogen. Calculate the maximum mass of copper that could be obtained from 79.5g of copper oxide

CuO+H2—> Cu+H2O

Step by step method please
i can help u , onesec
is this gcse or a level chem so i know which periodic table to use
Original post by meemy123
is this gcse or a level chem so i know which periodic table to use

Gcse
Original post by Biology11221
Copper oxide is reduced by excess hydrogen. Calculate the maximum mass of copper that could be obtained from 79.5g of copper oxide

CuO+H2—> Cu+H2O

*^

CuO+H2—> Cu+H2O

basically what you do
*^

basically what you do

Thank you!
Could you help me with like 1 more question?
Thank you!
Could you help me with like 1 more question?

Gcse

so u have to use the formula of mass=mr x moles ,
1)you know that mass of copper oxide is 79.5 g and you can work out Mr from periodic table for CuO which is 79.5. then using mass mr moles euqation , find moles by doing 79.5/79.5 which gets you 1 mole

2) as copper oxide and copper is 1:1 ratio (as it is already balances and there are no big numbers) the moles will be the same for Cu

3) You can work out Nr for Cu from periodic table which is 63.5 and the moles will be same as CuO which is 1 mole. now using moles mass mr equation again, do 63.5x1 which gives the answer of 63.5g
so u have to use the formula of mass=mr x moles ,
1)you know that mass of copper oxide is 79.5 g and you can work out Mr from periodic table for CuO which is 79.5. then using mass mr moles euqation , find moles by doing 79.5/79.5 which gets you 1 mole

2) as copper oxide and copper is 1:1 ratio (as it is already balances and there are no big numbers) the moles will be the same for Cu

3) You can work out Nr for Cu from periodic table which is 63.5 and the moles will be same as CuO which is 1 mole. now using moles mass mr equation again, do 63.5x1 which gives the answer of 63.5g

thank you you’ve saved me a billion hours
thank you you’ve saved me a billion hours

lol dw let me know if u need anymore help :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest