The Student Room Group

Year 10 - Are my GCSE subjects a good choice?

I moved school just last week. I transfered from a private school for a state school (you must be thinking I'm crazy but it was a really crap school, no options at all and teachers were rubbish too!). Anyway, its my first week in my new school and I started here in Year 10 October. I mainly left my old school because I wanted to take Computer Science. So I got into Computer Science, History and Media Studies (I wanted D.T but Comp Science clashed on the Year 10 timetable :frown: .) I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is of my choices as in my previous school, we were given subjects to do, not options so consequently we werent given any options talk so I missed out on that. My new school is an arts/drama school and their Media Studies department is apparently good but I just want to know what your opinions are of my GCSE's because I've heard from others that Media Studies is a kinda crap GCSE to take. Coming to History, I'm good at it and for comp science, I'm also good at Python.

So in short, what are your opinions on my choices?
Media is a calm GCSE but you need to be prepared for a lot of coursework. However, if your school's department is good then you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Thanks Rachel. I mean, I'm good at Photoshop, I make stuff in my own time using Photoshop but It's just I've never studied it as a subject and mainly, public opinion is making me re-think.

Original post by rachelr5826
Media is a calm GCSE but you need to be prepared for a lot of coursework. However, if your school's department is good then you'll be fine.
Original post by Hannah.xxx
Thanks Rachel. I mean, I'm good at Photoshop, I make stuff in my own time using Photoshop but It's just I've never studied it as a subject and mainly, public opinion is making me re-think.

You do public opinion so many times you just get used to it. Don't worry about it though, if your teachers are good, you'll do great.
Reply 4
Original post by rachelr5826
You do public opinion so many times you just get used to it. Don't worry about it though, if your teachers are good, you'll do great.

Thanks for the encouragement!!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest