The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances for medicine

I am a medicine applicant and have the predicted grades AAA. Due to this, I meet the requirements for 3 of my Uni Options. Bristol (AAA), Anglia Ruskin (AAA) and KMMS (AAB). My last choice is QMUL (A*AA).

This leads me on to my question which is: is there any point in applying for extenuating circumstances for the universities where I meet the entry requirements. For example, for Anglia Ruskin I would get an ABB offer rather than AAA.

My extenuating circumstances are medical and financial and my school believes I have sufficient grounds to use them, but if I meet the requirements I’m not sure if there’s a point.
Original post by Chowderzzz
I am a medicine applicant and have the predicted grades AAA. Due to this, I meet the requirements for 3 of my Uni Options. Bristol (AAA), Anglia Ruskin (AAA) and KMMS (AAB). My last choice is QMUL (A*AA).

This leads me on to my question which is: is there any point in applying for extenuating circumstances for the universities where I meet the entry requirements. For example, for Anglia Ruskin I would get an ABB offer rather than AAA.

My extenuating circumstances are medical and financial and my school believes I have sufficient grounds to use them, but if I meet the requirements I’m not sure if there’s a point.

If available then 100% apply. the objective is to get in and you never know you might end up getting ABB which means you could have gotten in had you applied. Talk to the unis if need be but imo apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending