The Student Room Group

Getting a training contract with bad a levels

I got B,C,C but im on track for a 2:1, is it a waste of time applying to firms who ask for high a level grades?

would they even read the application?
Reply 1
Probably, unless you had mitigating circumstances with evidence?

There are firms that will accept those grades, so just focus on those. Unlikely to be big city firms though.
I know a lot of people who went along the paralegal route and then attained TC, which could be a way for you. A good firm that often has a lot of paralegals go on to top law firms is Simpson Thacher, I went to a law firm where 3 of the four trainees were paralegals at that firm and they really enjoyed their experience.
Reply 3
Original post by ohdearstudying
I know a lot of people who went along the paralegal route and then attained TC, which could be a way for you. A good firm that often has a lot of paralegals go on to top law firms is Simpson Thacher, I went to a law firm where 3 of the four trainees were paralegals at that firm and they really enjoyed their experience.

Thanks this was something I was considering. I am on a qualifying law degree, are there any other qualifications I would need to start out as a paralegal?
Original post by ax7fold
Thanks this was something I was considering. I am on a qualifying law degree, are there any other qualifications I would need to start out as a paralegal?

I think A Levels and a decent degree, it's more so about demonstrating commercial awareness and a business acumen that is sought out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending