An amusing Bath Uni story... Watch

EvenStevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't think I ever told anyone on TSR.

I had an assessment for Bath Uni (computer science) in February. For whatever reason, I decided not to actually go... I think I was ill as I recall. Anyway.

The point was I never showed up.

A week later, I got a letter from the department congratulating me on my "Good assessment scores" and was offered a conditional place.

So... botched application? Or apparently they just don't care...
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are we going to be honest and own up? (Do you even what to go there now)?
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
Well, no. I declined.

But the point is I never went... <_<
Chronos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Their signature says they chose Bristol.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
youre so cool that they just decided to give you the place
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by imtired)
May be off topic but does everyone have to go to this assesment at bath?
I'm pretty sure they give assessment invites to whom they expect to make an offer.

But apparently the assessment is optional
Chronos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Presumably every department has a different procedure. For Bath CS you do, well you're invited. But the 'assessment' is more... part-quiz, part-questionnaire.
warblade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The assessment doesn't really matter to be honest. Obviously if you don't answer any of the questions right then you might be in trouble - and in this case I'd recommend you to go back to primary school, REALLY.
But from what I've heard they only look at the assessment if they have got any final doubts about giving you an offer and most of the people that are invited to attend the applicants day will have an offer so that should've been an automated message.
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by warblade)
The assessment doesn't really matter to be honest. Obviously if you don't answer any of the questions right then you might be in trouble - and in this case I'd recommend you to go back to primary school, REALLY.
But from what I've heard they only look at the assessment if they have got any final doubts about giving you an offer and most of the people that are invited to attend the applicants day will have an offer so that should've been an automated message.
I didn't answer any questions - I reiterate: I didn't go. <_<
warblade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I know how to read I was saying that for the people that actually did it. And I'm sure it must've made a difference for some people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open day Postgraduate
    Wed, 12 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise