The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Search up which one is best for chemical engineering, the graduate prospects and yeah I think its good to look into past experiences from people!

Wish you the best, hope you'll choose the one best for you.
Original post by laraxh
Am looking to study chemical engineering (MEng) starting this September. I have clearing offers at Bath, Southampton, Sheffield and Loughborough. Would be really grateful to hear any advice or past experiences please :smile:

Hi @laraxh,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough and congratulations on your offers.

I think it's a great idea to look at past experiences and student stories from people who have studied your course (you can find stories from students at Loughborough University who have studied Chemical Engineering here).

From here, I would also look at the course pages in more detail so you can see module information and decide whether you're interested in what you'll be studying and whether it aligns with your future aspirations (Loughborough's Chemical Engineering MEng course page is here).

You should also look more at the social aspect of each university. For instance, you can see the campuses and what they have to offer, the Students' Unions and the societies too. Maybe a campus tour would also be a great idea (here's a campus tour of Loughborough).

Also, I would think about each university's location as they are all different. You may want a certain location as it will suit your needs more.

Finally, you could also take a look at the careers support offered at all the universities, including Loughborough's Careers Network service.

I hope this helps! At the end of the day, my advice is to choose a university that is right for you and where you will see yourself being most happy.

Best of luck and please do let me know if you have any other questions about Loughborough :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Bath - and ask for the 'with placement' pathway.
Reply 4
hi, by "clearing offers", does this mean you received these offers on results day? were the entry req significantly lower and how easy was it to get these universities for chemical engineering through clearing? thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending