The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

.Andrew.
All good - Apart from Ronaldo, who is set to miss the start of the season... I took him out, until he is 100% back playing after his op.

If he is still there at the start of the season...
Reply 61
jonnyofengland
If he is still there at the start of the season...

It looks very likely that he'll miss the first few games now. He's been ruled out for 3 months, apparently...
Laevis
It looks very likely that he'll miss the first few games now. He's been ruled out for 3 months, apparently...

Hmmm. Maybe Real will wait till January then, it's only usually Villa that buy injured players! :biggrin:
Reply 63
Ashwins XI - TI-84
Reply 64
need an opinion on the team:

Hart

Sagna Evra Carragher

Fabregas Barry Jenas Elano

V. Persie Elmander Agbonlahor
TI-84
need an opinion on the team:

Hart

Sagna Evra Carragher

Fabregas Barry Jenas Elano

V. Persie Elmander Agbonlahor

Not a bad team assuming nobody gets sold or injured in what remains of the preseason.

Oh, and I would get Carew instead of Agbonlahor. Gabby's the more flashy player, but Carew will consistently get more points (although I don't know their respective costs).
Reply 66
Yeah.
my only concern was whether Elmander will actually get to play from the word go.
and i might be wrong but i think Carew is a tadd more expensive than Agbonlahor.
I'll check though :smile: thanks.
Reply 67
I'd prefer Agbonlahor than Carew to be honest.

My first draft:

Reina

Dunne-Evra-Gary Cahill-Bosingwa

Young-Ballack-Fabregas-Tim Cahill

Torres-Ashton
lfc4life
I'd prefer Agbonlahor than Carew to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, he's a better player. But Carew scores week in, week out, whereas Agbonlahor doesn't that often.
Reply 69
Ashley Young in midfield = pick, pick, pick. About time tbh.
Reply 70
Maybe, but agbonlahor did better last year and got more assists. Carew might have had an injury though I think...

Would Carew take penalties for villa if Barry left? If he did he'd be alot more tempting.
Reply 71
Laevis
Ashley Young in midfield = pick, pick, pick. About time tbh.

He was my very first pick, even ahead of Torres etc. Great minds :cool:
Reply 72
lfc4life
He was my very first pick, even ahead of Torres etc. Great minds :cool:

Heh, I wish my mind was as good as yours when it came to these competitions! You do well consistently, whereas I consistently suck :sad:

Maybe this year is my year? :awesome: :woo: :woo: :woo:
lfc4life
Maybe, but agbonlahor did better last year and got more assists. Carew might have had an injury though I think...

Would Carew take penalties for villa if Barry left? If he did he'd be alot more tempting.

I think you mean when Barry leaves? :p:

Carew did have an injury, but he also hit a purple patch at the end of the season and did very well for the last few weeks.

And he probably would. Can't really think of any other out and out penalty takers to replace him. Although Young always wants to take them when they are training before a match...
Laevis
Heh, I wish my mind was as good as yours when it came to these competitions! You do well consistently, whereas I consistently suck :sad:

Maybe this year is my year? :awesome: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Trouble is they have whacked his price up to 8.5! That said he was a steal before!
Reply 75
I've picked a temporary team which looking at it is quite strong, but I need to spend some time considering my options once transfers have gone through. :teeth:
d0mz
I've picked a temporary team which looking at it is quite strong, but I need to spend some time considering my options once transfers have gone through. :teeth:

Same here, I had fun initially looking through all the players, but you can't really finalise a team until everyone's in place.

That said, does anyone know if the price of players can go up from now to the start of the season? For example, when Barry moves to Liverpool, will his price suddenly shoot up? (Could be worth putting him in just to make a bit of money :biggrin:)
Reply 77
I've joined! Team name is Bevstars.

Heres my team atm:

Hart
Sagna - Vidic - Woodgate
Fabregas - Elano - Modric - Geovanni
Alves - Santa Cruz - Jo

with

Jaaskelainen, Distin, Ramsey and Wheater on the bench.

Decided to go for a Brazil themed team :P
Reply 78
jonnyofengland
Same here, I had fun initially looking through all the players, but you can't really finalise a team until everyone's in place.

That said, does anyone know if the price of players can go up from now to the start of the season? For example, when Barry moves to Liverpool, will his price suddenly shoot up? (Could be worth putting him in just to make a bit of money :biggrin:)

nope no player changes until after the first week.

Which is why there could be some good prices available. Like Tevez was last year after moving to united, Berbatov could be another this year.
i would love to disclose my team peeps, just i dotn want n e one seeing the bargains ive got :d

Latest