The Student Room Group

How many GCSEs are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rolo1234
R u proud of them?

Yeah I’m happy with them. And yeah I wouldn’t shy away from sharing them, I honestly thought I failed quite a few of them so when I opened that envelope the feeling of relief I had was monumental. Plus for the work I put in, I definitely didn’t deserve much better
Reply 21
Original post by ArabLlama
Yeah I’m happy with them. And yeah I wouldn’t shy away from sharing them, I honestly thought I failed quite a few of them so when I opened that envelope the feeling of relief I had was monumental. Plus for the work I put in, I definitely didn’t deserve much better

Anyways good luck in your A-levels:smile:
Anyways good luck in your A-levels:smile:

Thanks
I do 10
Reply 24
Why is every1 on tsr doing so much GCSEs?
9 :tongue:
Reply 26
Lol am i the obly 1 doin 7?
Why is every1 on tsr doing so much GCSEs?

I'm pretty sure in most places the average is 8-10, technically I do 9 as I'm doing a BTEC but I'm pretty sure colleges look at them as if they are the same thing for GCSE, I'm pretty sure this is different at A level though.
lol, I'm doing 12, but I'm pretty sure it is so that our school allows us the best chance to get the most 9s 8s and 7s as possible.
Reply 29
Original post by jameschadwick331
I'm pretty sure in most places the average is 8-10, technically I do 9 as I'm doing a BTEC but I'm pretty sure colleges look at them as if they are the same thing for GCSE, I'm pretty sure this is different at A level though.

Yh im doing 7 and a BTEC
I had to do 9.
Yh im doing 7 and a BTEC

As long as you do well, that should be fine for applying to colleges or an apprenticeship etc.
Reply 32
Yh im doing 7 and a BTEC

This might sound like a stupid question but what is the difference between college and sixth form?
This might sound like a stupid question but what is the difference between college and sixth form?

I don't think there is that much of a difference if I'm being honest,
Sixth form: attatched to a high school, usually only offers a levels.
Sixth form college: similar to sixth forms but simply separate from high schools so you have more freedom. Offers mainly a levels but the occasional BTEC. Bigger colleges may offer both. Just because a sixth form college offers BTECs doesn't mean it's bad, it just usually has a large range of courses.
Colleges: More BTECs, adult learning etc. May offer a level courses but not as many.
Reply 34
I don't think there is that much of a difference if I'm being honest,
Sixth form: attatched to a high school, usually only offers a levels.
Sixth form college: similar to sixth forms but simply separate from high schools so you have more freedom. Offers mainly a levels but the occasional BTEC. Bigger colleges may offer both. Just because a sixth form college offers BTECs doesn't mean it's bad, it just usually has a large range of courses.
Colleges: More BTECs, adult learning etc. May offer a level courses but not as many.

Interesting, i wanna go sixth form:u:
Interesting, i wanna go sixth form:u:

I'm going to a sixth form college, probably pendleton
Reply 36
I'm going to a sixth form college, probably pendleton

Sweet
Reply 37
Lets get this poll to a 100 votes!!!
Reply 38
Any more? Im bored lol
I did 12 but I did nine originally but I then did 3 extra ones.

Quick Reply

Latest