The Student Room Group

Linguistics @Cambridge 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xhollyxtaylorx
Same, I was the only one, I went on the 11th December!! I’m predicted A*AA I’m unsure if il get an offer most people have 4 A-Levels or higher predictions ☹️ Also my admissions assessment didn’t go as well as I planned! What subjects are you/ have you studied?

That assessment was a nightmare 😂I barelyyy finished on time I was panicking so much . I’m really doubting that I got in aswell because I’ve read peoples gcse grades who have been rejected on this and they’re a lot better than mine 😶I got 88A*77A66 and in a levels I’ve done Russian & doing English language, sociology and psychology, which ones are you doing ?
Original post by Lailai27
That assessment was a nightmare 😂I barelyyy finished on time I was panicking so much . I’m really doubting that I got in aswell because I’ve read peoples gcse grades who have been rejected on this and they’re a lot better than mine 😶I got 88A*77A66 and in a levels I’ve done Russian & doing English language, sociology and psychology, which ones are you doing ?

At GCSE I managed 9998887665, I’m currently studying English Language, English Literature and Maths but I’m really struggling with maths 🤦*♀️ I’m kind of hoping if I don’t get accepted by Girton il get into the winter pool, I did an open application anyway so I wouldn’t mind much if I got in at a different college! I’m not sure how many linguists Girton accepts each year 🙄
Original post by xhollyxtaylorx
At GCSE I managed 9998887665, I’m currently studying English Language, English Literature and Maths but I’m really struggling with maths 🤦*♀️ I’m kind of hoping if I don’t get accepted by Girton il get into the winter pool, I did an open application anyway so I wouldn’t mind much if I got in at a different college! I’m not sure how many linguists Girton accepts each year 🙄

Oh wow 😳 I don’t think Girton pools many people , it’s under subscribed I’m pretty sure people are likely to get pooled into it rather than out of it . I hope you get in let me know on the 15th Jan 😅x
Good luck to all for next week!!
Reply 24
Original post by outlandishcandle
Did anyone get offers?

I got an offer from Pembroke

I got an offer from Emmanuel, now I've just got to get the grades lmao
Original post by outlandishcandle
Did anyone get offers?

I got an offer from Pembroke

Congrats!! And I got an offer from Queens
Rejected from King's lol~
Reply 27
Can I ask what was offer?
Reply 28
Hello everyone! I'm a first year linguist at John's, so if you have any discord/groupchats where you feel like you would want me to answer questions about linguistics at Cambridge in general or any other useful pieces of advice, feel free to message me! :smile:
hello! how did you go with your offers, a year later? <3
Hi, I'm applying for linguistics as well at Jesus. Has anyone found any practice interview questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending