The Student Room Group

Desperate to get a first - help!

I'm currently in my final year at MMU, studying Linguistics with French.

In first year, I got 92 overall, and 72 in second year (second year was rough, girl!)

I'm ADAMENT to get a first. After the A Levels disaster of 2020 causing me to not get my first choice, I really want to prove myself. The catch? I'm worried to start any of my work in case I flop.

My teachers are super supportive and have already said that they want to help me in any and all ways. My favourite teacher, however, is so worried - he's seen people dying for a first, only to not receive what they want and they crumble.

HELP!
Original post by MollyYvonne
I'm currently in my final year at MMU, studying Linguistics with French.

In first year, I got 92 overall, and 72 in second year (second year was rough, girl!)

I'm ADAMENT to get a first. After the A Levels disaster of 2020 causing me to not get my first choice, I really want to prove myself. The catch? I'm worried to start any of my work in case I flop.

My teachers are super supportive and have already said that they want to help me in any and all ways. My favourite teacher, however, is so worried - he's seen people dying for a first, only to not receive what they want and they crumble.

HELP!

Hi there
I love how driven you are to achieve this grade and with this hard work and determination I’m sure you will be really impressing your lecturer! I think it is a brilliant idea to utilise the help of the supportive staff around you, you are definitely doing the right thing. I can see the A levels obviously stressed you and you must have a lot of frustration over them! That was my year as well and I found it super hard.
What can I help with ?
Here to listen to anymore frustrations?
Emily,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending