The Student Room Group

Applying to Cambridge from 1st year at an overseas (non-UK) university

While I have previously emailed my colleges of interest and they assured me that being currently enrolled in an overseas (non-UK) university in my 1st year will not disadvantage my application, how true is this? If it helps, the subjects are rather different but I have had interest and supercurriculars in the subject I am applying for already.

My grades also safely meet the requirements for an offer too.

It's for a relatively small course, Linguistics, and I really hope to at least get an interview, but I'm not sure if the '80% being interviewed' applies to small courses like Linguistics too. I have outlined why in the additional PS as well.

Does anyone know of people with similar situations and managed to either at least get invited to interview, or better, get an offer? Thanks!
Original post by rymoon
While I have previously emailed my colleges of interest and they assured me that being currently enrolled in an overseas (non-UK) university in my 1st year will not disadvantage my application, how true is this? If it helps, the subjects are rather different but I have had interest and supercurriculars in the subject I am applying for already.

My grades also safely meet the requirements for an offer too.

It's for a relatively small course, Linguistics, and I really hope to at least get an interview, but I'm not sure if the '80% being interviewed' applies to small courses like Linguistics too. I have outlined why in the additional PS as well.

Does anyone know of people with similar situations and managed to either at least get invited to interview, or better, get an offer? Thanks!

Why would randomers on the internet provide more accurate answers that the admissions staff? It's fine. What Cambridge don't want to establish is a different route into the university and be seen to 'steal' top undergrads from other UK universities. They don't care about overseas universities. It's a home market issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending