The Student Room Group

Cambridge World of Words residential

I got an email today telling me that I have been accepted onto the Cambridge world of words residential!! I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted, I'd love to get to know anyone going before as I am so nervous AHHH :,)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mj222
I got an email today telling me that I have been accepted onto the Cambridge world of words residential!! I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted, I'd love to get to know anyone going before as I am so nervous AHHH :,)

I'm going too!!
I’ll also be there!
Reply 3
Hello!
I've been accepted on to it too - and getting to know you sounds lovely!
Original post by M...M
Hello!
I've been accepted on to it too - and getting to know you sounds lovely!

Ayy! I'm so excited I've always wanted to go to Cambridge
Reply 5
guys i'm SO sorry I got logged out of my account and have only just got back in :,) yayyy i'm so glad so many of us are going! If you want to DM me your number, I can add people to a Whattsapp group :smile:)
Reply 6
Original post by yourmywnderwall
Ayy! I'm so excited I've always wanted to go to Cambridge
Same!! I can't wait, it's going to be so cool! - what do you want to study?
is anyone else still waiting for an email confirming their college and subject-specific talks?
Original post by james__27
is anyone else still waiting for an email confirming their college and subject-specific talks?

Yeah I’ve been so worried tbh - I hope it comes this week
Original post by mali.jones06
Yeah I’ve been so worried tbh - I hope it comes this week

glad it’s not just me then lol!
what language(s) are you going to do?
Reply 11
what language(s) are you going to do?

I'm thinking about studying theology at Cambridge, and they require you take an ancient language, so the studying hyroglyphs bit of the website had me sold! I'm also debating on english literature as a degree, so I also want to have a go at that! How about you?
Original post by mj222
I'm thinking about studying theology at Cambridge, and they require you take an ancient language, so the studying hyroglyphs bit of the website had me sold! I'm also debating on english literature as a degree, so I also want to have a go at that! How about you?

Ah that sounds so interesting!! I’m going to study French and Spanish
although i’ll probably apply to oxford haha
Ah that sounds so interesting!! I’m going to study French and Spanish

So cool omg!! Have you applied for any languages study days at Oxford? I’m sure I saw one for languages and linguistics
I’m going to an open day for modern languages in a couple of months and I got a place on the UNIQ summer school for Spanish so I’m hoping to get a good idea of what it’ll be like! How about you?
Reply 16
I’m going to an open day for modern languages in a couple of months and I got a place on the UNIQ summer school for Spanish so I’m hoping to get a good idea of what it’ll be like! How about you?

Wow congrats!! Uniq is so cool, I'm away on the dates so I wasn't able to apply - Both of those sound great! I've applied to an english lit day and also a sutton trust theology one at Durham, but I might have to withdraw my application because of how far it is away :smile:
Original post by mj222
Wow congrats!! Uniq is so cool, I'm away on the dates so I wasn't able to apply - Both of those sound great! I've applied to an english lit day and also a sutton trust theology one at Durham, but I might have to withdraw my application because of how far it is away :smile:

That’s so cool - such a shame about the distance though! I hope you manage to make it work
Yeah it’s a nightmare coming from wales! I’ll try my best - what college are you staying at?
Original post by mj487621
Yeah it’s a nightmare coming from wales! I’ll try my best - what college are you staying at?

Christ’s! hbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending