The Student Room Group

KCL or Bristol?

I have an offer for PPE from Kings and Politics and Economics from Bristol. They’re different courses but there is a crossover. In terms of renown/prestige and employability, which would you say is better or are they on par?
I mean neither of them are prestigious for PPE but I'm sure you'd be employable. Choose the one you enjoy more.
They are about the same as far as I know, I’d go KCL tho because as a London based uni it’s more likely to eventually gain international traction than say Bristol
They're probably about the same for employability, although I think Bristol's economics department is better regarded in academic terms. If you wanted to potentially go on to a PhD in economics I'd suggest Bristol over KCL for that reason, as well as the fact you'll have a better grounding in economic theory from a course where you're only split between two, rather than three, subjects.

Otherwise I'd suggest you focus more on whether you want (and can afford) to live in London for your degree. Also think about whether you want to study philosophy or not, and to what extent you want to study economics (following the above).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending