The Student Room Group

Unis for Economics

Hey i want to study economics at uni, i know defo i wanna apply to queen mary. My precited is an ABC, maye i can get it to an ABB. I am thinking of bristol, southampton, UCL, anyone have any good recommendations
Reply 1
Original post by XDaJokerz
Hey i want to study economics at uni, i know defo i wanna apply to queen mary. My precited is an ABC, maye i can get it to an ABB. I am thinking of bristol, southampton, UCL, anyone have any good recommendations

Hi,
Do you have any sort of contextual situation which will lower the grade requirements for these unis? Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend you didn't apply to Bristol, UCL, or QM because these have minimum A-Level requirements of AAA, with two being A*AA.
Reply 2
Original post by MM02_17
Hi,
Do you have any sort of contextual situation which will lower the grade requirements for these unis? Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend you didn't apply to Bristol, UCL, or QM because these have minimum A-Level requirements of AAA, with two being A*AA.

At uni of bristol if u get an AAA, and queen mary if u get an AAA are the requirements. i have seen people that get AAB and still get into those unis apparently. I just put UCl as an ambitious one. Uni of Southampton requirements are an AAB, which i also like. If i get predicted ABC or ABB do you not think i will be apply to these unis
Reply 3
At uni of bristol if u get an AAA, and queen mary if u get an AAA are the requirements. i have seen people that get AAB and still get into those unis apparently. I just put UCl as an ambitious one. Uni of Southampton requirements are an AAB, which i also like. If i get predicted ABC or ABB do you not think i will be apply to these unis

To be honest, I think it's extremely optimistic applying to these courses but it's your choice, if you believe you can do it then go for it.
Good luck :smile:
It's generally a bad idea to apply to more than one course for which the entry requirements are higher than your predicted grades.

The chances of getting an offer from UCL, which has an offer of A*AA with A* in Maths, with predictions of ABB are very very low.

Bristol is A*AA unless you come from a disadvantaged background.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by BasicMistake
It's generally a bad idea to apply to more than one course for which the entry requirements are higher than your predicted grades.

The chances of getting an offer from UCL, which has an offer of A*AA with A* in Maths, with predictions of ABB are very very low.

Bristol is A*AA unless you come from a disadvantaged background.

no bristol economics with finance is aaa, i saw people getting offers with a grade below the requirements, or is that just fake
no bristol economics with finance is aaa, i saw people getting offers with a grade below the requirements, or is that just fake

You should put the exact course in your original post otherwise everyone will think you are applying for the economics course.

It's not impossible for people with lower grades to receive offers but the chances are very low. I would advise against applying to UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending