The Student Room Group

struggling to pick A levels

wanting to do accounting/finance/economics at uni but im not sure which a levels can help me get there. Currently thinking Maths , economics and RE but I'm not sure if they're the best options ( mainly the re) any suggestions?
Original post by Mollie563
wanting to do accounting/finance/economics at uni but im not sure which a levels can help me get there. Currently thinking Maths , economics and RE but I'm not sure if they're the best options ( mainly the re) any suggestions?

Maths and economics are presumably very sensible options.

Some economics courses (i.e LSE) prefer further maths, so it may be worth considering.

I’d really recommend picking out a few unis you might be interested in studying at and checking the entry requirements for their accounting/finance/economics courses. That should tell you which A levels you need and which ones would be recommended.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Mollie563

For almost all accounting/finance degrees I’m pretty sure no specific A-levels are required, just the grades. For economics, most unis require only Maths, although the best unis (LSE, Warwick etc) will heavily prefer Further Maths (unless you’re school doesn’t offer it), and will have other preferences. For example, LSE in particularly like a broad mix of both hard sciences and the humanities in their applicants.
In short, other than choosing Maths (which is a must for economics and a great A-level for any uni applicant), choose whatever subjects you feel you’ll get the best grades at and/or keep your options open. A-level Economics is NOT a necessity for ANY economics degree.

Quick Reply

Latest