The Student Room Group

What A-levels to take:

Hello! I am curious to become a a neuropsychologist, I am area if what it is but is anyone able to provide a simplified explanation to what exactly a neuropsychologist does? And also what subjects I have to take for A-levels in order to become one?
Reply 1
Original post by nadine618
Hello! I am curious to become a a neuropsychologist, I am area if what it is but is anyone able to provide a simplified explanation to what exactly a neuropsychologist does? And also what subjects I have to take for A-levels in order to become one?

a levels: psychology definitely, check some uni websites tho
Original post by nadine618

Neuropsychologist are mainly focused on the biological side and brain (neuro) of psychology. You’ll work with MRI scanners, EEG’s etc.

Psychology is a must. Biology is of very high use and will definitely boost your uni application. For your last one, subjects such as chemistry (for the biochemistry) or English (for the essay and report writing skills you’ll need) will be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest