The Student Room Group

Chartered Wealth Manager - CISI Level 7

Hi All,

Currently working at Fidelity in operations - completed both IMC Investment Management Certificate units and have a 2:1 in Accounting & Business Studies, as well as 2 years accounting experience.

Beginning the CISI Level 7 Chartered Wealth Manager course in January, hoping to complete this in 18 months and progress to a client facing investment advisory role.

Just wondering - has anyone completed this exam/have any tips with regards to the course/progressing my career?

Thanks
Hi, I know it's a bit off topic but I am an apprentice in a client accounting role doing my CISI Level 3 Investment Operations, do you have any advice for me in terms of future steps for progression?Thanks
Bump - is anyone sitting CISI Level 7 Chartered Wealth Manager this year? Appreciate any tips/general chat!

@Cameron Coote it depends what type of role you're looking to get into (i.e. staying in client accounting, any other ops roles, or client facing etc). Seeing as you're at the apprentice stage CISI Level 3 would be a great way to learn about the industry, whilst demonstrating on your CV that you have a genuine interest in Investment Ops. You'll work out over time which roles in Financial Services seem appealing to you. Keep working & studying (which I appreciate is tough at times) and I'm sure opportunities will come along. Just make sure you keep bettering yourself whether it's through exams or experience.

Hope that helps - I'm only 25 but those are the steps i'm going with for now!

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending