The Student Room Group

Border Force (Transferrs)

Hello people,

So i'm hoping someone here can answer my questions, as the civil service recruitment lot couldn't organize a p**s up in a brewery.

I've been given a provisional job offer as a Border Force Officer at Southampton (After being told my application was being transferred over to Heathrow which was what I wanted. Which obviously sucks as i live over 40 miles from Southampton & Heathrow pays a butt ton more).

No matter. So what i'm inquiring about is transferring internally, if I get my foot in the door at Southampton airport how likely is it for me to transfer somewhere closer to home (From Aldershot area).

Also, Farnborough airport definitely has border force operating there. But is isn't listed as an available location. Is this because its a small private airport and they only accept internal applications? Because that would be an ideal location for me.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Hi Farnborough is classed as a small port which is covered by a mobile team at Heathrow under "small ports" in this job you go to small airport etc to allow people to enter and they cover a large area. So you won't be able to just be based at Farnborough. Hope that answee your questions.
Is it good posting the small ports job ? I have seen that your admin base would be from Farnborough,do you know what shift patterns they do as they are predominantly GA ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending