The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Horrific but pleased to see a quick response by the police.
LBC are covering it - they say 3 people have been stabbed.
Omg those poor people. ☹️ X
Police were there very quickly apparently. Half an hour later ambulances came - perhaps they were all busy elsewhere, the pressures on the ambulance service are huge now due to government cuts in social care and local services.
Reply 5
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Police were there very quickly apparently. Half an hour later ambulances came - perhaps they were all busy elsewhere, the pressures on the ambulance service are huge now due to government cuts in social care and local services.

Could equally (and hopefully) mean that those who were stabbed weren't badly injured?
Original post by Fujoshi
Could equally (and hopefully) mean that those who were stabbed weren't badly injured?

Or the police may have held them off whilst they made sure things were made under control.
Or the police may have held them off whilst they made sure things were made under control.

I’ve heard this reported too. I’ll habe a look into it and see if I can find anything concrete
Glad the prick that did it got blown to pieces
Welcome to 2020, still no change
It sounds like the same MO as the London Bridge attack in Nov - fake suicide vest, sole attacker, wild stabbings. I wonder if he will also turn out to have been one of Choudhary's supporters/followers and an avid viewer of Jihadi propaganda on YouTube?
This just proves Islam in the UK has a serious problem, streatham isnt a particularly rich well off area at all and a huge % if not most people there arent white, at this point there just attacking random populated places in London
Original post by Ragman75
This just proves Islam in the UK has a serious problem, streatham isnt a particularly rich well off area at all and a huge % if not most people there arent white, at this point there just attacking random populated places in London

Maybe the surveillance on central London is now so intense that it's putting them off attacking there. Or maybe this pathetic deluded moron couldn't be bothered to catch a bus to carry out his deeply 'religious' acts against the Kafir.
Just want to remind everyone that terrorist/terrorism has no religion, and the real victims of this crime are the muslims who will have to endure the tsunami of hate crimes fueled by islamophobia.
Sad day indeed.
Police are asking people not to circulate footage of the officers involved for their own safety in future anti-Jihadi operations.
Maybe the surveillance on central London is now so intense that it's putting them off attacking there. Or maybe this pathetic deluded moron couldn't be bothered to catch a bus to carry out his deeply 'religious' acts against the Kafir.

Its not really tbh im around there a lot, and if your going to get shot anyway why would you care about cameras. I think its more likely they just see all brits as kaffir at this point.
Original post by Kuffar Sheikh
Just want to remind everyone that terrorist/terrorism has no religion, and the real victims of this crime are the muslims who will have to endure the tsunami of hate crimes fueled by islamophobia.
Sad day indeed.

Choudhary and other extremist Islamists do claim they are acting on behalf of Islam. They may not be, but it isn't accurate to say this is nothing to do with Islam and one of the key problems appears to be the widespread belief in a range of conspiracy theories amongst Muslims globally and the equally widesread dissemination of false beliefs about the non-Muslim world and our beliefs. These inflame extremism and cause a small element of marginalised young Muslim men to behave in this way.
Original post by Kuffar Sheikh
It has NOTHING to do with islam. If you think otherwise, get help and cure your racism.

I don't think that's correct. It isn't moderate Islam, but the self-declared motive is Islam. Maybe they are deluded, maybe they are liars, maybe they simply don't understand Islam - but they claim to be acting on behalf of Islam. They are also influenced by conspiracy theories and views held by large numbers of Muslims globally.
Guardian saying that the attacker was under close surveillance. Another similarity with the London Bridge killer.

Latest

Trending

Trending