The Student Room Group

How to procrastinate your way to failing your ALevels :) (gets a bit deep)

So here I am sitting on the sofa at 03:13 in the morning very stressy and depressy trying to cram 240 hours with of coursework into one very early morning.. the same morning it is due in to be assessed and moderated.

I've been having issues with my mental health for the past 5-6 years but have always refused tablets or medication despite CBT not being very effective. Over the recent years this has progressively gotten worse despite my best efforts and has clearly effected my college work.

This has now lead my normal sleep patterns of 3-4 hours a night to drop to about 5-6 hours total for the week :/ I'm basically an all round mess and can remember all of the things that I used to be motivated and excited to do and try to live by that but its really not working.

This has now caused me to become unorganised and like stated at the beginning 240 hours behind on coursework. I've now been feeling like just wanting to/needing to drop out of college but the logical side of me keeps saying I'm only a few more weeks away from it being over and the exams finished but despite that its causing so much more stress.

Advice welcome. Even just puns actually, puns are welcome too.
God I know exactly how you feel right now. Im in the same situation and it sucks. I feel like I'm never going to get out of this.
Update:
Completed all the work in my last minuite panic, got top in the class. (somehow)

Still hate my A levels. Got forced to apply for UCAS and unis this year despite making very clear that I wanted a gap year to try help set my head straight. Now also being forced to go to Uni this year as well despite having my plan for the next year clear and well thought out.

My work also now want to promote me, and despite really enjoying my current place of work, and I know most people would be happy with a promotion, but it all just seems a bit too much and I don't know what to say.

At this rate I'm just thinking about getting a one way ticket to Spain and just going over there for like a month or two despite having my exams. I hate this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending