The Student Room Group

Brampton Manor Sixth Form School Times

Good evening, I'm interested in applying for Brampton Manor Sixth Form. I'm quite happy with the prospectus, admissions, dress code, location etc but the one thing on my mind is the school times. For the Academy (Y7-11) it is stated that the school day begins around 7:30am and finishes around 2:45pm but never gives any info about the sixth form times. I have heard around that BM sixth form usually finishes around 7pm while most finish at 4:30pm latest. Please if you have the correct school times for the BM sixth form kindly share.
Thank you!
I went to the secondary but sadly fell short of the sixthform. I had a lot of friends that went there and as far as i am aware they start around the same time as the secondary students. As for finish time i think they finish main classes by 3:30 ish as i have seen some of the sixthformers walking out just as when i was coming out of a school club. They do have class study periods in which they have a scheduled time to just study. But ive never heard anything about them staying until 7pm which i really dont believe. On the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if students did choose to stay. They get a lot of work and it would make sense to stay so they would get help from teachers who often stay late also.
Reply 2
Thank you for the insights. How long ago was it that you were at the school to see this? I asked someone else today and this time I heard some days it's compulsory to stay behind at that time of the evening (7pm) because of the high standard the school has to maintain.

I'm just worried because of how dangerous London is around these times now. I want to ensure I have the best education but my safety and life is very important.
I don't mind waking up too early to be in school for 7am but I just would like to know for 100% sure what the closing time for BM sixth form is.
I don't have that long left to send through applications

Thank you once again

Quick Reply

Latest