The Student Room Group

Civil Service Interview - at a loss

Hello,

I have an interview in the next couple of weeks with the Civil Service. It is based upon the new success profiles, but I am at a loss on what to prepare for. I've read the documents outlining the success profiles, but I don't know that I prepare from.

Am I purely looking at it from the perspective of the job description? Do I make examples based upon the requirements outlined within it? I have already done this for my personal statement, so should I use these examples? or make others?

Sorry for the silly questions. I'm really panicking.
Original post by Dave11122333
Hello,

I have an interview in the next couple of weeks with the Civil Service. It is based upon the new success profiles, but I am at a loss on what to prepare for. I've read the documents outlining the success profiles, but I don't know that I prepare from.

Am I purely looking at it from the perspective of the job description? Do I make examples based upon the requirements outlined within it? I have already done this for my personal statement, so should I use these examples? or make others?

Sorry for the silly questions. I'm really panicking.

I think that if they are not giving you a specific set of criteria then it will be just a general type of interview.

They are looking to see if you are the type of person that they can work with. Can you learn easily. Get some examples together of when you have overcome hardship, worked well in a team, excelled when the odds were against you.

No need to panic… They’re just people! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending