The Student Room Group

AO officer wit the Home Office and pre recorded interview

Hi all, I have applied for an AO job with the Home Office and have been invited for a pre-recorded interview, which I must complete in five days. I am concerned anyone here has applied for this position and undertaken to pre-record interviews. I am so nervous and anxious and seeking any questions that require answers. any one who has gone through the same process can share with me the type of questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I did an interview with the home office for a different role and it had 6 pre recorded questions with 30 seconds to think and 2 mins to answer.

The best advice I can give you is if the job advert tells you what civil service behaviours will be assessed (such as communication etc then have a look at those on the website and then have a think about your own experiences that relate to those.

E.g how you would deal with a stressful situation
Reply 2
Hi, Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I have gone through the Civil Services Job site and can see ,strength, Behavior's , Technical, Experience, Ability, as this is my first civil services Job Pre Recorded Interview therefor, I am extremely nervous.
would you mind sharing your own experience, and have you got the Job?

Also can I share my own life events ?

Original post by Unknown1997
Hi. I did an interview with the home office for a different role and it had 6 pre recorded questions with 30 seconds to think and 2 mins to answer.

The best advice I can give you is if the job advert tells you what civil service behaviours will be assessed (such as communication etc then have a look at those on the website and then have a think about your own experiences that relate to those.

E.g how you would deal with a stressful situation
Reply 3
Original post by Saima796
Hi, Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I have gone through the Civil Services Job site and can see ,strength, Behavior's , Technical, Experience, Ability, as this is my first civil services Job Pre Recorded Interview therefor, I am extremely nervous.
would you mind sharing your own experience, and have you got the Job?

Also can I share my own life events ?

Hi just to update I had an interview yesterday Pre Recorded and was been asked 8 questions all based on strength
1- what do you do in your spare time?
2- why you want to work for Civil services?
3- how do you deal with the deadlines?
4-tell m something about your self?
5- have you ever dealt with difficult customers?
6- what motivates you?
7- how do deliver behaviour at pace?
Reply 4
Hi, how did your interview go? I have an interview soon too and I would love advice. What questions were you asked ?

Original post by Saima796
Hi all, I have applied for an AO job with the Home Office and have been invited for a pre-recorded interview, which I must complete in five days. I am concerned anyone here has applied for this position and undertaken to pre-record interviews. I am so nervous and anxious and seeking any questions that require answers. any one who has gone through the same process can share with me the type of questions?
Reply 5
Hi I have mentioned the questions I was been asked above.I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Original post by Amilah08
Hi, how did your interview go? I have an interview soon too and I would love advice. What questions were you asked ?
Reply 6
Hi, have you completed your interview ? how was it? I have an interview soon too can you share any advice ..
Original post by Amilah08
Reply 7
My interview went just ok I have received an email for the recruitment asking which two locations your preferred? Which I sent them I haven’t heard anything yet
Reply 8
Your questions seems a lot easier than mine. I prepared for 2 days . None of any questions I went though were asked. Mine were way too difficult. I will definitely failed . Good luck to you all.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by RayG21
Your questions seems a lot easier than mine. I prepared for 2 days . None of any questions I went though has benn asked. Mine were way too difficult. I will definitely failed . Good luck to you all.

You will be fine don’t worry 😉
Original post by RayG21
Your questions seems a lot easier than mine. I prepared for 2 days . None of any questions I went though were asked. Mine were way too difficult. I will definitely failed . Good luck to you all.

Original post by AKonigbagbe
Hi, have you completed your interview ? how was it? I have an interview soon too can you share any advice ..

Mind me asking what questions you had in your interview?
Reply 11
My questions was so difficult, totally different from others ..

In what ways do you seeks out new informations?
How do you deals with changes ?

cant really remember all, these are the fews i can remember

Original post by Ruby Woo 83
Mind me asking what questions you had in your interview?
Sorry to hear that.

I guess they randomly change up the questions every so often to keep things fresh.

I hope it went well for you and you hear back soon :smile:
Just wondering which role people on here are actually discussing?

The one I applied for is 285196 Customer Services Group - AO Operational Delivery Apprentice

Hoping the interview is pretty similar
Reply 14
Just wondering which role people on here are actually discussing?

The one I applied for is 285196 Customer Services Group - AO Operational Delivery Apprentice

Hoping the interview is pretty similar

I’ve applied for the same role. Seems that will take time for an outcome. I was extremely nervous as well as one of our colleagues also mentioned. Good luck to you all 🤞🏼
Sorry to hear that.

I guess they randomly change up the questions every so often to keep things fresh.

I hope it went well for you and you hear back soon :smile:
Original post by Snower Jr
I’ve applied for the same role. Seems that will take time for an outcome. I was extremely nervous as well as one of our colleagues also mentioned. Good luck to you all 🤞🏼

Well it's done now so that's all we can do but wait

I'm sure you did great 👍
Reply 16
Hi ya, my questions seem similar to yours.
In what way you look for new information
if you completing a task, ....taking account in people's view, sth like that
I couldn't remember all of them. I was so nervous, all these questions were not prepared and I was shocked when those questions came up on the screen. how do I suppose to answer it. you don't even have enough time to think at all.
my brain gone blank straight away and still had to try find sth to talk about.
what an experience.

Original post by AKonigbagbe
My questions was so difficult, totally different from others ..

In what ways do you seeks out new informations?
How do you deals with changes ?

cant really remember all, these are the fews i can remember
(edited 10 months ago)
I had the "taking other people's views into account" question too but totally misread it and answered something else only realised my mistake in the last 20 secs and then tried to answer it. Totally flunked that question, whoops!
Has anyone got an offer yet
Reply 19
Original post by manwithaplan94
Has anyone got an offer yet

No news so far. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending