Hey there, did you have a question? :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hey there, did you have a question? :smile:

i am wondering if there is any Islamophobia in DMU and if there is how bad is it.
Original post by Anonymous
i am wondering if there is any Islamophobia in DMU and if there is how bad is it.

hi, there

thanks so much for your question. De Montfort university is based in the multicultural city of Leicester, and I therefore a very inclusive place to live and study. Specifically we have societies which may help with any concern, and I have attached a link: https://www.demontfortsu.com/soc/dmuislamicsociety/.

We also have a refurbished, dedicated prayer room on the campus, and this is just one reflection of De Montfort Universities commitment to students and staff of all cultures and religions being truly welcomed into our environment.

Finally, we also have a Muslim chaplain. The Imam regularly, when possible makes himself available after prayers to offer advice, counselling, one-to-one and/or group guidance and support on a first-come-first-served basis. They can be contacted on: [email protected].

De Montfort University has a zero tolerance policy against any kind of discrimination and I hope the above information and links reassures you this is a very welcoming University for all!
Reply 4
Original post by De Montfort University
hi, there

thanks so much for your question. De Montfort university is based in the multicultural city of Leicester, and I therefore a very inclusive place to live and study. Specifically we have societies which may help with any concern, and I have attached a link: https://www.demontfortsu.com/soc/dmuislamicsociety/.

We also have a refurbished, dedicated prayer room on the campus, and this is just one reflection of De Montfort Universities commitment to students and staff of all cultures and religions being truly welcomed into our environment.

Finally, we also have a Muslim chaplain. The Imam regularly, when possible makes himself available after prayers to offer advice, counselling, one-to-one and/or group guidance and support on a first-come-first-served basis. They can be contacted on: [email protected].

De Montfort University has a zero tolerance policy against any kind of discrimination and I hope the above information and links reassures you this is a very welcoming University for all!

Thank you, this has really helped.
Thank you, this has really helped.

my pleasure:smile:
I mean to say islamphobia does not exist is far fetched in any capacity, however what I notice at DMU they have good policies against such insolent behaviour with the main factor students should speak out if they feel threatned or abused in these respects. That is just my opinion.

Hey! I don’t think you’ll experience any of it at all I know loads and loads of muslims who go DMU
Original post by euphoriapity
Hey! I don’t think you’ll experience any of it at all I know loads and loads of muslims who go DMU

Always the odd idiot you may come across though 😂 personally have never seen any issues myself, and any muslim I meet have never complained about any issues to be honest.
Always the odd idiot you may come across though 😂 personally have never seen any issues myself, and any muslim I meet have never complained about any issues to be honest.

True and yeppp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending