The Student Room Group

Is GSCE'S really that hard?

Is GCSE's honestly that hard? I do feel like it is a bit over-exaggerated but it is something to be well prepared for and people who have done it do say although it's not as hard as A levels it is almost extremely hard.

Is it really or is the panicking, stressing and freaking out what makes it hard.

(Looking for answers from people who have done their GCSE's already and their experience with it)

Thank you very much
Original post by Mariah23
Is GCSE's honestly that hard? I do feel like it is a bit over-exaggerated but it is something to be well prepared for and people who have done it do say although it's not as hard as A levels it is almost extremely hard.

Is it really or is the panicking, stressing and freaking out what makes it hard.

(Looking for answers from people who have done their GCSE's already and their experience with it)

Thank you very much

It depends on the person, how well they cope academically, if they are panic easily etc etc. Depends what your expectations are too. For some people, even getting a Grade 3/4 is an achievement because of a myriad of circumstances.

I would say they're not that difficult, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly nervous when queueing up to go into the exam hall.

Prepare, but don't over-prepare by burning the midnight oil revising. Same goes for A-levels.

A lot of people will look back in a few years time and think Hmm... why did I fuss so much over GCSEs/A-levels back then
(edited 4 years ago)
It isn’t if you work hard in class and in your homework and you’ll find it more easier at the end while others who haven’t find it stressful as they have to cram more stuff in because they didn’t pay attention so didn’t have the constant learning
Original post by Mariah23

Thank you very much

Honestly, if at this point you think "GCSE'S" is correct grammar you should be worried.

anyway I passed with only 4 grade 7s, the rest were 8-9s and i revised before the examinations in the cafeteria. if you listen in class they really shouldnt be that hard. Once you get to A-Levels though youre gonna get absolutely handled.
maths gcse was just hard for me. and there was like maybe 3 out of 100’s of teachers whose teaching i understood. the right teacher makes honestly the BIGGEST difference ever. it took me so long to find mine but when you finally find someone’s teaching you understand then you made it.
Reply 5
Ok so, from my experience if you're looking to do well in your GCSEs then it takes hard-work and determination. It's not hard to do well as long as you put in the effort. You may have seen people say they revised a week before their GCSEs and did ok. And while this can happen sometimes, you really don't learn much at all. You will thank yourself so much in A Levels if you start gradually building up the amount of work you do from GCSEs because A Levels are completely different as I'm sure you've been told. For me personally, I spent two years uncontrollably stressing over my exams and was burnt out when it came to A Levels. The stress really isn't worth it. Stress is only good in moderation and can help motivate you to work harder but I honestly wish I had enjoyed myself a little bit more rather than waste my time having mental breakdowns. Learning to control your stress will also help make sure you do well in your A Levels. So to put it SIMPLY, GCSEs are not hard but you need to organise your time and have the drive to do your best! :smile:
they're not awful, helps if you don't have any extenuating circumstances and a reasonably good work ethic. they're not the end of the world though.

Quick Reply

Latest