The Student Room Group

what do i do?

i applied for 3 a levels last week (history, sociology, media studies). i meet the entry requirements on the colleges website (its a college not a sixth form) but i didnt pass gsce maths (got a 3). these subjects u dont need to of passed maths for but i was just wondering do you think theyd accept me? i put on my application that i dont think i want to go to university and i now regret that cause i feel like theyre gonna look at that and go "no point in you doing this then"
Reply 1
Original post by jppfw
i applied for 3 a levels last week (history, sociology, media studies). i meet the entry requirements on the colleges website (its a college not a sixth form) but i didnt pass gsce maths (got a 3). these subjects u dont need to of passed maths for but i was just wondering do you think theyd accept me? i put on my application that i dont think i want to go to university and i now regret that cause i feel like theyre gonna look at that and go "no point in you doing this then"

It's likely that they'll make you do a GCSE Maths resit class in addition to your A'levels.
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
It's likely that they'll make you do a GCSE Maths resit class in addition to your A'levels.
yeah i dont mind doing that but do you think theyd let me in in the first place? or would i just get rejected and pushed towards something else like a btec (i dont wanna do that)
Reply 3
Original post by jppfw
yeah i dont mind doing that but do you think theyd let me in in the first place? or would i just get rejected and pushed towards something else like a btec (i dont wanna do that)

Only the college would know tbh.

If it's just maths letting you down, and you have a good application otherwise, I don't see why they wouldn't let you in.
Reply 4
Original post by mesub
Only the college would know tbh.
If it's just maths letting you down, and you have a good application otherwise, I don't see why they wouldn't let you in.
im not like some grade 9 genius or anything most of my gsce results were either 4s or 5s. only 2 subjects that i didnt pass were maths and DT
Reply 5
Original post by jppfw
im not like some grade 9 genius or anything most of my gsce results were either 4s or 5s. only 2 subjects that i didnt pass were maths and DT

Again, without knowing the college (which we really don't need to know in a public forum like this), it's hard to give specifics.

I'd say there's a good chance if you meet their requirements. You can always send them an email or call them if you're concerned.

Quick Reply

Latest