The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Can I change my offer from LSE for History to another course (Economic History)?

Hello,

I have received an offer for BA in History from LSE and although I am enthused by this course I would maybe like to consider other courses (Economic History, International Relations and History, etc.) that I hadn’t considered it before for many reasons.

Would it be possible to change when I arrive at LSE or now before even fulfilling the offer?
Original post by jgcr2019
Hello,

I have received an offer for BA in History from LSE and although I am enthused by this course I would maybe like to consider other courses (Economic History, International Relations and History, etc.) that I hadn’t considered it before for many reasons.

Would it be possible to change when I arrive at LSE or now before even fulfilling the offer?

Definitely can change courses when you get into LSE assuming u meet the required entry for both courses. But if u want to change now, you needa change ur personal statement or they have to reconsider your application with ur current p.s. but wont hurt to email them anyways and see what changes needed to be done or will ur current offer be lost and wont be guaranteed a subsequent offer if you decided to change?

In my opinion, since youve got an offer from lse for history. Take it. Get into lse and you can move around different departments. Thats what i did
(edited 4 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Student6000
Definitely can change courses when you get into LSE assuming u meet the required entry for both courses. But if u want to change now, you needa change ur personal statement or they have to reconsider your application with ur current p.s. but wont hurt to email them anyways and see what changes needed to be done or will ur current offer be lost and wont be guaranteed a subsequent offer if you decided to change?

In my opinion, since youve got an offer from lse for history. Take it. Get into lse and you can move around different departments. Thats what i did

Very helpful answer. Thank you. I’ll think if I make it I’ll definitely go.
Reply 3
Original post by Student6000

Hey thanks for the reassurance- I also am interested in looking in to the other degrees within the history department as a history entrant? How did you go about changing your degree? What kind of requirements do you need to fulfil (A level or courses) + for economic history, do you have to take EH100?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending