The Student Room Group

GCSE classics

anyone who sat the 2019 ocr classics exam have any advice for how to revise it/possible 15 mark ideas for this year? ps im doing women in the ancient world and war and warfare
Original post by EMMMA1234
anyone who sat the 2019 ocr classics exam have any advice for how to revise it/possible 15 mark ideas for this year? ps im doing women in the ancient world and war and warfare

Hi! I did Classics last year and I found it helpful to mind-map the different case studies (I did the Daily Life module). If you're creative you might find it handy to colour code the things that you are sure on and the things you are a little bit wobbly on, maybe a traffic light theme? Aside from this, I used flashcards to seperate the modules out into manageable bits that were easy to revise and learn e.g the different parts of a Roman bath. Most importantly though, PAST PAPERS!! Nothing can prepare you more than doing as many past papers as possible, not just for Classics but for all your subjects. As for possible 15 markers, I can't help you there as I did different modules. Hope this helps, though. And good luck!
Original post by hopelostindoubt
Hi! I did Classics last year and I found it helpful to mind-map the different case studies (I did the Daily Life module). If you're creative you might find it handy to colour code the things that you are sure on and the things you are a little bit wobbly on, maybe a traffic light theme? Aside from this, I used flashcards to seperate the modules out into manageable bits that were easy to revise and learn e.g the different parts of a Roman bath. Most importantly though, PAST PAPERS!! Nothing can prepare you more than doing as many past papers as possible, not just for Classics but for all your subjects. As for possible 15 markers, I can't help you there as I did different modules. Hope this helps, though. And good luck!

this is great thanks so much :smile: how did the exam go for you? was it harder than you expected?
Original post by EMMMA1234
this is great thanks so much :smile: how did the exam go for you? was it harder than you expected?

Happy to help :smile: The exam was fine I would say in comparison with the others. I did it as an extra curricular exam so spent less time on it than the others which unfortunately did show in my grade, but I still managed to pass. A lot of others did find it quite difficult but that was only because they were not willing to put the work in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending