The Student Room Group

Do i retake english GCSE?

Med/Vet&Dentistry unis require a 6 in english language however i got a 5. I meet all other requirements, i also got a 6 in english literature, if i end up getting the a level requirements will a 5 in eng lang make them reject me?
i'd say retake it if you think you'll definitely get a higher grade. medicine/vetinary/denstistry etc are already very competitive courses so i wouldn't take any chances
I'm currently in year 12 so do i ask to resit this year with the rest of year 11s or do i wait until next year Nov/Jan? Also, do u think it'll be acceptable of me to do the IELTS exam instead? I'm really stressed now because i think my 5 in eng language immediately disqualifies me :/
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah alnusair
I'm currently in year 12 so do i ask to resit this year with the rest of year 11s or do i wait until next year Nov/Jan? Also, do u think it'll be acceptable of me to do the IELTS exam instead? I'm really stressed now because i think my 5 in eng language immediately disqualifies me :/

It's past the main entry deadline for this Summer so you'd have to pay double fees to enter (the school would probably expect you to pay as they get no money for it). However, it would give you a result by the time you apply though UCAS. If you take it in November you wouldn't get a result until January.
This is a tricky one. I got an 5 in maths gcse and vet unis require a 6 however, I did get an offer from Notts last year despite this. It would probably be easier to retake that exam and I know they do say that they look at GCSE’s but I think sometimes they do overlook it.
a

Original post by chloe0804
This is a tricky one. I got an 5 in maths gcse and vet unis require a 6 however, I did get an offer from Notts last year despite this. It would probably be easier to retake that exam and I know they do say that they look at GCSE’s but I think sometimes they do overlook it.

thanku so much for ur reply ,it calmed me down a bit

Quick Reply

Latest