The Student Room Group

Missing art coursework

So as you can guess from the title, my art coursework has been lost by my school. I keep urging them to look for it but I get the impression that they haven't really tried - its been 4 months and its still nowhere to be found!

My final art exam is in 6 weeks so I'm becoming more and more wary as I still have bits and pieces to finish in that book, and now I'm starting to worry that I won't have time if it miraculously turns up.

Has anyone else had their school lose their coursework? How did it affect your grade? I don't know if I should even bother with art anymore, as it seems like I won't pass unless my coursework is found. I'm quite torn, and the worst part is, my art teachers tried to blame ME for it.
Original post by scapries
So as you can guess from the title, my art coursework has been lost by my school. I keep urging them to look for it but I get the impression that they haven't really tried - its been 4 months and its still nowhere to be found!

My final art exam is in 6 weeks so I'm becoming more and more wary as I still have bits and pieces to finish in that book, and now I'm starting to worry that I won't have time if it miraculously turns up.

Has anyone else had their school lose their coursework? How did it affect your grade? I don't know if I should even bother with art anymore, as it seems like I won't pass unless my coursework is found. I'm quite torn, and the worst part is, my art teachers tried to blame ME for it.

How did the school loose it? Surely it’s your responsibility to look after the work you make?

Have another chat with your teacher but don’t give up. Remember you may have to re do it again if you’re unable to find it.
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
How did the school loose it? Surely it’s your responsibility to look after the work you make?

Have another chat with your teacher but don’t give up. Remember you may have to re do it again if you’re unable to find it.

My school told all the year 11s to hand in their art books for marking. I handed in two books and only one came back. Its really unrealistic for me to redo a years worth of coursework plus my exam in just 6 weeks :/
Original post by scapries
My school told all the year 11s to hand in their art books for marking. I handed in two books and only one came back. Its really unrealistic for me to redo a years worth of coursework plus my exam in just 6 weeks :/

What have they said to you about this?
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
What have they said to you about this?

Well, one of them said, "It's not lost, we just can't find it" and the other one suggested that I enter my coursework with only 2 projects (books) instead of three after telling me I need three in order to pass. They've been no help at all, and the worst part is, they've lost other people's books as well... I'm trying not to panic but with 6 weeks to go, I can't really help it.
Oh no that sounds frustrating! Have you spoken to your tutor about this or your head of year?
Reply 6
Reply 7
Original post by Hazelly
Oh no that sounds frustrating! Have you spoken to your tutor about this or your head of year?

We don’t have a head of year at my school :frown: However, I spoke to the head of house, but she told me that she’d go & speak to one of my art teachers... which I’ve tried. I haven’t spoken much to my tutor about this as I feel that there’s not much he can do (in comparison to head of house) so it seems that I’m going in circles here.

Quick Reply

Latest