The Student Room Group

how long to learn A-Level maths alone?

does it have to take two years?
No. There is online accelerated math A-level courses which are only 1 year so I presume it’s possible to learn in less than 2.
Reply 2
Original post by sammyj97
No. There is online accelerated math A-level courses which are only 1 year so I presume it’s possible to learn in less than 2.

Thanks, I’m just curious really. I see people say they can do it in a month and others say it’s not possible in under two years.
do you mean revise it or learn it completely from scratch?

For revise, I'd say about 1-2 months.
For learn, maybe a year, depending how hard you work/how much prior knowledge you have (e.g - further maths at gcse makes AS pure maths v easy)
Reply 4
Original post by not_XIX_forever
do you mean revise it or learn it completely from scratch?

For revise, I'd say about 1-2 months.
For learn, maybe a year, depending how hard you work/how much prior knowledge you have (e.g - further maths at gcse makes AS pure maths v easy)

yeah from scratch. I’ve seen year one pure and tbh it just all seems an extension of GCSE but it’s just stats and mechanics that frightens me.
If you did well at GCSE and you’re good at teaching yourself stuff, you could do it in a year if you did loads of work. I suppose it depends what grade you’re aiming for as well.
I did it as a fast-track A level in college, so I had a year, and I got an A*. I’m not the best at teaching myself stuff, so I would have struggled at home with it.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest