The Student Room Group

Two French Drs want to give coronavirus vaccine to Africa in addition to Europe & Aus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Designeddeath
Original post by chloenix
I'm not a scientist so I have no idea how anything works which is why I've come on here for others to explain, but surely it's a good thing to give the vaccine to Africa first? There's already 50 cases over there and it will most likely spread like a wildfire.

This is your first frivolous statement about Africans stating “the vaccine should be given to Africans first” it’s obvious you read the same article as the person that helped clarified but you took out only the part that seemed to paint africa as helpless and ****ty. Very ignorant move, very very ignorant. You don’t have to clarify anymore but you reread your thread and ask yourself what exactly you were trying to say and support!

At the start of the thread I had not read any news articles about this matter. None. I had watched the video and heard the reactions on Twitter and came to see what TSR was thinking about it. I'm not painting Africa as sh**ty, and I have explained all my reasons as to why Africa will be devastatingly hit by the coronavirus, which you've chosen to ignore.
If anything I'm the doctors who are acting in favour of Africa, to HELP them. My father is half Algerian (which is in North African I'll let you know), and he spent some of his life there, and he expresses concerns about his country every day, which is where I've picked it up from. Stop trying to paint me as some evil person who hates Africa when my stance is completely the opposite.
Keep viewing things pessimistically if you want. I've provided my arguments and you continue to disregard them whilst I've accepted yours and I understand it completely.

I have nothing else to say to you. I guess ignorance helps your optimism
Reply 42
But yours was! You clearly stated it should be given to Africans first so why the hell are you lying? I don’t get what you are trying to prove but you should never leave out any information just to satisfy or support your point. It spoils the end result

I didn't know the information before I posted it! I didn't purposefully leave it out to later include it and create a great effect in my favour! DiddyDec literally posted the source and that's where I found it from. If I had known the information I would've said it from the start because it would've supported my point anyway, so how on earth would it benefit me to leave it out?
Your argument is really messy, and I really have no idea what you're saying at the moment.
At the start of the thread I had not read any news articles about this matter. None. I had watched the video and heard the reactions on Twitter and came to see what TSR was thinking about it. I'm not painting Africa as sh**ty, and I have explained all my reasons as to why Africa will be devastatingly hit by the coronavirus, which you've chosen to ignore.
If anything I'm the doctors who are acting in favour of Africa, to HELP them. My father is half Algerian (which is in North African I'll let you know), and he spent some of his life there, and he expresses concerns about his country every day, which is where I've picked it up from. Stop trying to paint me as some evil person who hates Africa when my stance is completely the opposite.

But you came on here biased? You said it should start first with Africa because they were lack adequate sanitary standards and need it more than the EU with the best health care facilities that can’t even cure the sick ones over there. So I don’t get what you’re trying to change or bend. You’ve said what you want and it was simply biased
I didn't know the information before I posted it! I didn't purposefully leave it out to later include it and create a great effect in my favour! DiddyDec literally posted the source and that's where I found it from. If I had known the information I would've said it from the start because it would've supported my point anyway, so how on earth would it benefit me to leave it out?
Your argument is really messy, and I really have no idea what you're saying at the moment.

My God! Ignorance is truly bliss. I can’t keep going back and forth with you when you can’t see what you said was harsh.

Don’t quote me anymore
Original post by DiddyDec
They are testing in France.

Good, Diddy, I am glad to hear that.
Reply 46
But you came on here biased? You said it should start first with Africa because they were lack adequate sanitary standards and need it more than the EU with the best health care facilities that can’t even cure the sick ones over there. So I don’t get what you’re trying to change or bend. You’ve said what you want and it was simply biased

Of course I came on here biased, everyone has an opinion? I was trying to see what other people thought about this issue and if anyone would be able to provide constructive, and concise arguments that would potentially change my mind. I have never said that I was unbiased, in fact I was arguing my point all along? I don't see what you're trying to say.
Reply 47
My God! Ignorance is truly bliss. I can’t keep going back and forth with you when you can’t see what you said was harsh.

Don’t quote me anymore

The fact is that you have to resort to insults because you have no good arguments and your argument has been completely messy from the beginning.

I said the virus will spread like wildfire in Africa because of their poor health system, and you took is as offensive when it's just a clear fact.

I said that we should base who gets the vaccine first on a basis of needs-based priority, you said that Africa will be fine without it (which they won't).

DiddyDec then provided an article which shows that the video was taken out of context so the doctors didn't want to test the vaccine ONLY in Africa, but in other places (which I didn't know). You ignore this fact and continue to say that the doctors are racist? For what? You can't argue that anymore.

If anyone wants to talk about ignorance, then it's you. I have no idea what you're even trying to say.
The fact is that you have to resort to insults because you have no good arguments and your argument has been completely messy from the beginning.

I said the virus will spread like wildfire in Africa because of their poor health system, and you took is as offensive when it's just a clear fact.

I said that we should base who gets the vaccine first on a basis of needs-based priority, you said that Africa will be fine without it (which they won't).

DiddyDec then provided an article which shows that the video was taken out of context so the doctors didn't want to test the vaccine ONLY in Africa, but in other places (which I didn't know). You ignore this fact and continue to say that the doctors are racist? For what? You can't argue that anymore.

If anyone wants to talk about ignorance, then it's you. I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

Lmao, I insulted you? Wow!

You came on here saying “the vaccine should be tested on Africans first” as if you’re doing Africans a Favour by testing it on them.
You further went on to ridicule the health system of all countries in Africa claiming those in EU were the best but the best ones can’t even protect their affected patients.
Nevertheless, you asserted that Africans are “dirty” and so, need the vaccine you’re not even sure would work.
You even opined that since africa doesn’t have the adequate equipment to curb the virus they should be given the vaccine as they would be the most “naturally exposed” to it like prostitutes were doing the aids era.
You kept on supporting this and when someone who has done his or her research comes to your aid you try to deny saying all those things.
So tell me how I’ve insulted you and how am I pessimistic by explaining to you exactly what you’re typing?
You have to start looking at the lives of all humans as the same, important.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 49
That’s the issue! A vaccine that they don’t know if it’ll work or not. In simple terms, during the aids time when they tested prostitutes it was because they saw them as people who didn’t have anything to live for so it didn’t matter if they died. But those prostitutes are also humans. Coronavirus is everywhere probably except Antarctica so why not start locally with the vaccine? Why do they have to travel out of their continent to test Africans? Because they see African life as frivolous. It’s not even up to a hundred years these colonizers left africa but they can’t stop thinking like their forefathers did. It’s absurd, pathetic and wrong! They are really greedy in my opinion. I mean, when Canadians found a “vaccine” they tested it locally, in Canada on willing Canadians not traveling all the way to make sure it won’t kill them Canadians. The scientist obv isn’t sure about what he has found so he wants to test it on those he deems “purposeless”

So long story short you see this as some sort of racist cabal? Cute.
Reply 50

You came on here saying “the vaccine should be tested on Africans first” as if you’re doing Africans a Favour by testing it on them.

Well if they don't want to kick the bucket from the virus it would be in their own interest to. And given that a fair whack of them live in unsatisfactory conditions, have other existing health conditions and so on...

You further went on to ridicule the health system of all countries in Africa claiming those in EU were the best but the best ones can’t even protect their affected patients.

You mean their supreme lack of a health sytem? Hell 1 American hospital has more ventilators than a fair few countries do nationally.
You even opined that since africa doesn’t have the adequate equipment to curb the virus they should be given the vaccine as they would be the most “naturally exposed” to it like prostitutes were doing the aids era.

If crass please point out how the user is wrong there?

So your point is the supposed “poor standard of living” gives y’all the right to treat them like lab rats?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 52
Lmao, I insulted you? Wow!

Nevertheless, you asserted that Africans are “dirty” and so, need the vaccine you’re not even sure would work.
You kept on supporting this and when someone who has done his or her research comes to your aid you try to deny saying all those things.
So tell me how I’ve insulted you and how am I pessimistic by explaining to you exactly what you’re typing?
You have to start looking at the lives of all humans as the same, important.

Where did I say that Africans are dirty? You're putting words into my mouth. Go on, look through the thread and show me where I said that. I'm waiting.
Everything else, I said that. I never said I didn't. I haven't changed my argument at all throughout this thread. I don't believe Africans are naturally exposed to the virus, I believe that the virus will spread quicker in Africa, which is a fact.
I don't think you understand what my argument is in the slightest.
Reply 53
So your point is the supposed “poor standard of living” gives y’all the right to treat them like lab rats?

Are you being intentionally dense?
Original post by Napp
Are you being intentionally dense?

Oh great mighty human, full of all the knowledge. I’d just advice you not to come at me. If you’re looking for someone to keep you company it ain’t me. You clearly know what you’re suggesting so don’t try to be a nuisance about it.
Reply 55
Oh great mighty human, full of all the knowledge. I’d just advice you not to come at me. If you’re looking for someone to keep you company it ain’t me. You clearly know what you’re suggesting so don’t try to be a nuisance about it.

*advise
As to the rest of that nonsensical ramble, eh?

@chloenix

2) Many countries in the continent of Africa are third-world. There are many crowded and unsanitary places (not all of course) in which a disease would spread quickly.

To assert means to put forward as fact or as a basis for argument and that was what you did.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 57

@chloenix

2) Many countries in the continent of Africa are third-world. There are many crowded and unsanitary places (not all of course) in which a disease would spread quickly.

To assert means to put forward as fact or as a basis for argument and that was what you did.

I didn't say Africans were dirty? Read that again and tell me exactly where I said that every single African individual is dirty by nature. You can't. I was stating a fact that in certain places in Africa (KEY WORD: NOT ALL), there are unsanitary and crowded places.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Africa-looked-at-as-a-third-world-continent-Who-defines-third-world
Reply 58
Original post by Napp
*advise
As to the rest of that nonsensical ramble, eh?

The man makes no sense, I would advise you to give up or you'll just end up frustrated like me.
@chloenix

You started this thread and we have been going back and forth since yesterday. When someone says something, it’s left to the listener to interpret and that’s what we both did. However, people have different opinions to everything and that must be respected. I won’t like to continue going back and forth with you. Thus, I am sorry if you got the wrong idea about my opinion and I am sorry for making it seem like I don’t respect yours. I hope you have a great time during this period!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending