The Student Room Group

Maths

I’m in set 2 maths at the minute in year 8 and I’ve asked my teacher about set 1 in year 9 and she said she can’t promise anything but I showed her I can do the set 1 work and she said that is a advantage so if I’m still set 2 can you still do higher gcse or not ??
Reply 1
Original post by Millymaee
I’m in set 2 maths at the minute in year 8 and I’ve asked my teacher about set 1 in year 9 and she said she can’t promise anything but I showed her I can do the set 1 work and she said that is a advantage so if I’m still set 2 can you still do higher gcse or not ??

I wouldn't worry at all now...you are only in Yr 8. You have so much time to prove you are capable of Higher maths. I don't know how your school works but set 2 maths generally always do higher maths (well I did). Don't worry, you will definitely get to do higher if you keep working hard :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Millymaee

well what i know that set 3 set 2 and set 1 do higher maths but you only in yr 8 and you can move up next year
do u an exam at the start of the yr? if u do then if u do well thay may move u up
Reply 3
Original post by reng2002
I wouldn't worry at all now...you are only in Yr 8. You have so much time to prove you are capable of Higher maths. I don't know how your school works but set 2 maths generally always do higher maths (well I did). Don't worry, you will definitely get to do higher if you keep working hard :smile:

Thank you !!
It depends how many sets your school has, but decisions on who does higher and who does foundation are not normally made until the end of year 10 or start of year 11 so I wouldn't worry about it yet :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Knortfoxx
It depends how many sets your school has, but decisions on who does higher and who does foundation are not normally made until the end of year 10 or start of year 11 so I wouldn't worry about it yet :smile:

I think in year 9 10 11 they have 4 sets but right now I have 3 !! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest