The Student Room Group

schools arent going to reopen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KSIOLAJIDEBT123
think about it. the more people going to school , the less the parents will worry about them and therefore carryour a more efficiant job

That's what I said
Original post by lollibelle123
And how do you know

I probably follow news more accurately tbh, not having a go. I'm also a fair bit older and have more perspective.

Quick glance at the Guardian front page, top 4 headlines

"Restrictions set to be extended beyond next week"
"Police Chief call on No10 to tighten lockdown ahead of Easter"
"Study - Lockdown 'cannot end' until vaccine found"
"Antibody Testing - UK tests not ready until May at earliest"

Does any of that even remotely sound like you're going back to school in a few weeks?
Original post by StriderHort
I probably follow news more accurately tbh, not having a go. I'm also a fair bit older and have more perspective.

Does any of that even remotely sound like you're going back to school in a few weeks?

thank you for telling us somthing that we know
thank you for telling us somthing that we know

You're very welcome :h:
You're very welcome :h:

i dont mean that it a offensive way/sorry im just very curious on when we will go back to school
Reply 25
This is really going to make a lot of parents days :lol:
Original post by Napp
This is really going to make a lot of parents days :lol:

loool ikr

Schools could reopen by mid may in this article.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1266869/uk-coronavirus-news-boris-johnson-lockdown-latest-infection-death-rates-NHS-dominic-raab
apparently in china , the number of cases rised just after lockdown. lockdowns only effective for a given time period
No one is completely clear what's happening to schools it all depends on how the virus is

Yes, I'm aware there have been lots of BS sloshed around by some of the lower grade redtops like the Daily Outrage, this is the same paper that says we're all going to burn and freeze every single year when they're not screaming about traitors.
apparently in china , the number of cases rised just after lockdown. lockdowns only effective for a given time period

It always will rise, pretty much everyone is going to get it, trying to make sure it's not all at once is pretty much all we got.
are they a unreliable source?

The Sun is NOT reliable
It always will rise, pretty much everyone is going to get it, trying to make sure it's not all at once is pretty much all we got.

so the only thing to stop this virus is a vaccine or drug. withut either them 2 were screwed.
To be honest, I think schools will only re-open if lockdown is completely lifted. I see no reason to open them and risk mass infection while parents are still working from home (for the mostpart at least). There is typically very little done in the summer term, and lots of trips and sports etc which would probably still be restricted anyway. In addition, the year groups that would have had exams obviously don't anymore.

I think (obviously not as a professional in any sense!) that this academic year should be closed, and schools should open again in September, assuming it is safe to do so at that point.
so the only thing to stop this virus is a vaccine or drug. withut either them 2 were screwed.

Yep. Doubt they'll fully stop it either. It's a living thing so it's technically possible to eradicate it, but I don't see that as realistic (we still get plenty cases of 100's year old disease rearing their head)

TBH I think in the end it will come down whether an individual can fight it off when they eventually get it.
I’m almost 100% schools and universities won’t open till September.
Original post by Occitanie
I’m almost 100% schools and universities won’t open till September.

If the lockdown is lifted by June there's still another month of schooling that can be done.
Original post by chosenone93
If the lockdown is lifted by June there's still another month of schooling that can be done.

Why not forget about one month and open them when the government gives us the all clear?
Reply 39
Original post by chosenone93

Yes but schools won't re-open, as we will still need to follow through with the 2-meter rule, which is impossible within school environments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending