The Student Room Group

Reading books changed my life

Literally, i am at book count 88 and i compare myself to when i read 0 books. I would consider myself an idiot back then, a good book tells you what to focus on instead of you wasting time by yourself trying to figure it out. I always advise younger people to read as many books as you can, the more you read the more your emotions change from a state of unknowing almost like the feel you get when you start something new but don't know what to expect. After reading a lot of books, your emotions change to secure and relaxed and even power
i agree, books can take smart people years to write and yet you are able to learn all of that in 1-3 weeks
Reply 2
I think I've read that book three times now.

The last time was on a Thursday night in a pub in Leamington Spa. It was a drum and bass night. Simon Baseline Smith was DJing. I got lots of pilled up people really interested in why I was there. I like drum and bass and the first ever tape I bought (remember them?) was Simon Baseline Smith. He was quite good.

Awakenings was also rather good, if you haven't read it.
Reply 3
Non-fiction, fiction or both do you mean?
That is true. My views and attitudes, my thoughts and knowledge are coined and still coin by books I were and am reading.
Reading a book made me more of an observer and puts more attention to details like one's action, mindsets, people's usage or words and how they interact.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Literally, i am at book count 88 and i compare myself to when i read 0 books. I would consider myself an idiot back then, a good book tells you what to focus on instead of you wasting time by yourself trying to figure it out. I always advise younger people to read as many books as you can, the more you read the more your emotions change from a state of unknowing almost like the feel you get when you start something new but don't know what to expect. After reading a lot of books, your emotions change to secure and relaxed and even power

Can you send your reading list so far? Curious to see what you've been reading.

Totally agree, books give you knowledge and knowledge is, of course, power.
I love Oliver Sacks!! I'm reading his book on an island of colour blind people atm, he's a great writer :u:
Only at the beginning so far, but it seems quite interesting.
I just googled that now, it looks interesting. You like reading about neurosurgeons quite a lot then:colondollar:
Aha fair enough, are you a med student?
Original post by JokesOnYoo

i love reading my favourite genre is romance but i can read anything from fiction to non fiction to educational, self help, bigraphies etc. but i feel like whenever i talk about reading romance books people look down on me as though reading romance doesn't count as reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending