The Student Room Group

Psychology book recommendations

is there any book recommendations for the topic on psychology
I'd recommend any of the books written by Oliver Sacks, as well as Richard Bentall's Madness Explained, Susan Greenfield's The Private Life of the Brain and Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning.
Original post by Hiiicatii
is there any book recommendations for the topic on psychology

Hey there 😀

If you are looking for a good textbook that might be a starting point in your journey with Psychology, I really enjoyed "Psychology" by Daniel Schacter and others. It spans the entire discipline of psychology. What is most important, is nicely written, and you do not feel like you are reading a strict textbook throwing at you nothing but terminology and theories. On the contrary, it is descriptive and narrative, making it pleasant to read and easier to understand Psychology, which can be a complex and demanding science.

If you are passionate and like books on Psychology. My must-have is "The Power of Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. It changed the way I live and my perception of human nature radically. My second favourite item is "Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod, a self-help book showing how to improve wellbeing and be more productive.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Hello,

Great question! I am in my fourth year of studying psychology and have found these books really interesting and useful...
Kitty Genovese (links to prosocial behaviour)
The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat (links to neurological disorders)
Thinking, Fast and Slow (links to cognitive psychology)

Happy reading!
Holly 🙂

Lancaster Uni Ambassador
Hello! 👋🏻

It depends which sort of book/topic you are looking for! 📗

Some of my favorite's fun reads have been: 📖

Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman

Positive Psychology In A Nutshell by Iiona Boniwell

The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk

Reaching Down The Rabbit Hole by Allan Ropper and B.D. Burrell

These are all to do with psychology and are a super interesting read if you want to learn a but more and immerse yourself in the world of psychology!

I hope this helps! 😁

Hannah 🐄
De Montfort University Student Rep
Msc Psychological Wellbeing 🧠:
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest