The Student Room Group

What was primary school like?

I think everyone was like that when you think you are an adult sitting in assembly on the benches while the other years had to sit on the floor. I remember this year 5 was turning round in assembly to check out of the hall window to the playground if his mum was here then I signalled for him to turn round and after assembly he punched he in the face. The guy actually just punched me and I was crying on the floor 😂😂.

One time I **** my hair with scissors and this stupid grassed to a teaching assistant then I got in **** with my class teacher who told my teacher.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I remember being in a “gang” in year 5 who then turned against me and accused me of doing stuff I hadn’t done. Teacher believed them because it was me vs 7 of them. Ended up fighting all of them and winning ahahah
Reply 2
Original post by hunchoM
I remember being in a “gang” in year 5 who then turned against me and accused me of doing stuff I hadn’t done. Teacher believed them because it was me vs 7 of them. Ended up fighting all of them and winning ahahah

😂😂😂😂
Reply 3
Trained for a couple of years with the local RL side, and that was boss
I was once talking in my own language in year 4 I believe, and all I said was the word ‘onion’ in my language. A girl, who also spoke my language and knew that I didn’t say anything wrong, told the lunch lady, who then told the headteacher. I had to miss my entire lunch break just because I said ‘onion’...
great, many awesome stories from that time.
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1611
great, many awesome stories from that time.

Same
Really loved my time at primary school, to many good experiences to mention.
I used to carve my name in the side of all the tables with the scissors. Then when the teacher seen them I denied it and tried to say it wasn’t even spelt correctly so it couldn’t have been me. However she knew it was spelt correctly and I was in trouble
Reply 9
Original post by Leah_mcc19
I used to carve my name in the side of all the tables with the scissors. Then when the teacher seen them I denied it and tried to say it wasn’t even spelt correctly so it couldn’t have been me. However she knew it was spelt correctly and I was in trouble

Wow
Primary school was the beeesst. I remember we had to do a play about the students forgetting to wear correct pe clothes and stuff and there were I think 4 of us. Each one of us had to forget to wear something. And mine was no trousers, I had to wear pink tights in front of everyone. That was probably the most memorable, at least I made everyone laugh that day, none of the students or the people watching were expecting me to do that haha. Oh Yh also when I came first on our race in sports day. That was the first time I won an official race and got a medal 😂 I think it was in year 6. . You should read this story too
What can I say, I'm very unique

Wtff okay forget that, this guy is really weird. How could he lick his shoes after that 🤢
Reply 12
S***.
Reply 13
Original post by Em.-.
S***.

Same
i remember inventing a language with my friend. it was so stupid, we literally swapped the first and last letter of each word. anyways there was this other girl that hung out with us that we both didnt really like and she ended up snitching. they banned speaking foreign or made up languages 💀💀💀
❌❌❌‼️
loool wtf was he thinking haha that's disgusting
Original post by Titanium X
I think everyone was like that when you think you are an adult sitting in assembly on the benches while the other years had to sit on the floor. I remember this year 5 was turning round in assembly to check out of the hall window to the playground if his mum was here then I signalled for him to turn round and after assembly he punched he in the face. The guy actually just punched me and I was crying on the floor 😂😂.

One time I **** my hair with scissors and this stupid grassed to a teaching assistant then I got in **** with my class teacher who told my teacher.

Loved my time at primary school. When I was four, we were taught French. I will never forget the excitement of learning "Sur le pont D'Avignon" and "Savez-vous planter les chous" and doing the actions. Later on, I went on to study French at uni.
I remember:

Birds nests out of cut grass

British bulldog

Stuck in the mud

Doing Oliver Twist, Bugsy Malone and Annie for the school plays.

Toy day on the last day of term

Pokemon cards and Pokemon magnets (which no one EVER remembers)

Getting to sit on the benches for assembly in year 6

Singing "give me oil in my lamp" in assembly 😂

Playing hairdressers with the girl who has the longest hair in the classroom (there was always one)

Doing handstands against a wall

Giant skipping rope

Doing PE in your vest and pants if you forgot your PE kit

A metal climbing frame that was pushed against the wall in the main hall but it NEVER came out.

The horses in PE

Floor mats in PE

the football yard where the boys played and you didn't go in unless you wanted to get hit with the ball

Pretendy marriages

School dinners on moulded plastic trays

The slop bin and the terror you felt if you accidently dropped your cutlery in it.

Rainbow sprinkle cake with custard

CITV (please tell me someone else remembers CITV)

Art Attack
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Oxford Mum
Loved my time at primary school. When I was four, we were taught French. I will never forget the excitement of learning "Sur le pont D'Avignon" and "Savez-vous planter les chous" and doing the actions. Later on, I went on to study French at uni.

Aieee! I didn't go to primary school, but I did French lessons when I was about that age and I remember learning those songs too! Most exciting part of the French exchange in year 12 was singing "Sur le pont D'Avignon" on the actual Pont D'Avignon

Quick Reply

Latest