The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Msc Computer Science - what's a typical week look like?

Hi there,

I've been offered a place on the full-time taught Computer Science MSc, intake September 2020.

I'm just wondering if there are any previous graduates who would be able to give me an idea of what a typical week looks like on the course?

I know it's a 40 hour per week commitment.

However, I'm wondering how much of that is "on campus / face to face" i.e. tutorials / lectures etc.

For example:

- Monday: lecture 2pm - 6pm
- Wednesday: lecture 10am - 12pm / tutorial 4pm - 6pm
- Friday:lecture 4pm - 6pm

etc

I know with the covid-19 situations things will understandably be "up in the air" and so previous schedules might not reflect what I'll experience, but I would like to hear previous graduates' experience.

Thanks so much!

All the best
Hey
I’ll be starting MSc computer Science and UoB this coming September. Just wanting to know follow up with the post and also what accommodation options have you considered?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hi both, I got the offer today too. Excited to start the course and a bit nervous because of the whole covid thing. I too was wondering what the timetable would look like as I'm planning to work part-time and would like to assess if I'd be able to.
Monday - Sunday: sex, drugs and rock n roll
Reply 4
Hi all! I just got an offer for the Jan2021 intake. Mind if I ask how's that now? What's a typical week look like? What Modules will you study in the first two semesters? Coz I find that student start study in Jan will study Software 1,2 in the same semester and wonder if that's the same as you guys~Thanks all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending