The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Freshers/ friends

Anyone know how I can get involved with freshers 2020 at Durham uni? I can’t find anything online about it, part of me thinks there won’t be one because of the current global situation. In all honesty I just want to make some friends before I hopefully get to go in September. Please help :smile:
i’m hopefully going to durham this year too and feel the same way
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Ive made friends with the people staying in my flat
Pretty sure there won't be any freshers as a current student. Every year half the intake has gotten freshers flu, so most likely it's either cancelled, postponed or with less emphasis on in-person participation.
Original post by Anonymous
Pretty sure there won't be any freshers as a current student. Every year half the intake has gotten freshers flu, so most likely it's either cancelled, postponed or with less emphasis on in-person participation.

Freshers flu? Not heard that one before but yeah it’ll probably be cancelled :frown:
Reply 5
I belive they mean there hungover

iv been accepted this year for Ancient history & Archeology, I'm a mature student (27) living in the local area and its been pretty steady up here so far, most of the lectures are online now and so are inductions. saying that I still plan on heading into durham to enjoy freshers, the collages will still have things on for everyone and as far as I know pubs are still going to be open.

play safe and follow the guidelines and although its probably not going to be as big of an event this year we should still all have something to look forward to with our collages and departments.

Quick Reply

Latest