The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Student- Ask me about starting University!

Hello Everyone!
Happy A Level Results day! Well done for all your hard work.

With September drawing closer, does anyone have any questions about starting university? This could be questions about accommodation, moving away from home, good ways to meet new people etc.

Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield)
Hi. I am looking for someone studying Japanese studies at the university of Sheffield.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hello Everyone!
Happy A Level Results day! Well done for all your hard work.

With September drawing closer, does anyone have any questions about starting university? This could be questions about accommodation, moving away from home, good ways to meet new people etc.

Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield)

should I buy tickets for the freshers week events? and I am worried about making friends, I am studying chemistry at Sheffield
Original post by stressedstudent/
should I buy tickets for the freshers week events? and I am worried about making friends, I am studying chemistry at Sheffield

Hey! I’m studying psychology at Sheffield in September, i haven’t bought tickets yet either and don’t know if I should. I’ve seen some people say don’t bother but other say they are a must
Original post by ameliag0264
Hey! I’m studying psychology at Sheffield in September, i haven’t bought tickets yet either and don’t know if I should. I’ve seen some people say don’t bother but other say they are a must

hey i am studying japanese studies at sheffield in september. yes for freshers its your personal choice whether to buy tickets or not.
Original post by KenKaneki20
hey i am studying japanese studies at sheffield in september. yes for freshers its your personal choice whether to buy tickets or not.

If I want tickets which ones do I get? There are so many and I don’t want one that’s pointless lol
Original post by stressedstudent/

Hey,

You do not have to buy tickets for the freshers events, however if you feel like you want to go out then you can get them and you should be able to sell them on if you don't feel like going on the day. Maybe see if you can find any freshers group chats or society groups on Facebook, usually people on there will talk about which freshers events they are going to and then you will have a group to go with and will be able to meet some people.

Everyone will be in the same situation at University as most people do not know anyone else, so everyone makes a big effort to make friends, this makes it much easier to meet people as everyone is much more open to forming new friendships compared with how it is a school. You can join societies, meet people in your flat and make friends with their friends. Try to get contacts from people when you meet them so you can arrange to meet up again. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to find like-minded people, but that is okay, you will find them eventually.

Evie (4th year medic)
Original post by ameliag0264
If I want tickets which ones do I get? There are so many and I don’t want one that’s pointless lol

I would get tickets directly from the students union website. Most people get tickets for their first night and then Wednesdays and Saturdays are usually popular, although all of the events on freshers week will be busy, so maybe see where other people are going or get tickets to an event that you feel you will enjoy.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 8
What does it smell like in Sheffield?
Original post by Bo77 Tman
What does it smell like in Sheffield?

It smells much fresher than London and some of the other bigger cities. There are lots of parks and green spaces, so Sheffield has much better air quality than many of the other UK cities, plus the peak district nearby is a great bonus.
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
It smells much fresher than London and some of the other bigger cities. There are lots of parks and green spaces, so Sheffield has much better air quality than many of the other UK cities, plus the peak district nearby is a great bonus.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending