The Student Room Group

Uni

how quickly do you make friends at uni
Original post by anonymous298128
how quickly do you make friends at uni

Hi there!

There is no exact answer to this due to a number of factors such as the people you meet, how well you connect with them, what positions you are putting yourself in to meet people etc.

However, I can tell you that at uni, there are plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make friends with them. If you decide to live in halls in your first year, this is a great place to make friends on your first day of moving into the accommodation. Unis will have a freshers week before classes start where you can attend exciting events such as club nights and different activities during the day. Most people will attend these with other freshers: either in their accommodations, mutual friends or those they have sought out through Facebook groups prior to attending. During freshers week, there is also a freshers fair where you can sign up to different societies or just register you interest with them. Societies are a great way to make friends who are like-minded and share your interests. For freshers, you are also likely to have an introductory talk for your course which is also a chance to chat to members on your course and make friends.

My advice as a third year student is just to put yourself out there and push out of your comfort zone because everyone is in a similar situation to you and there are so many lovely people you could meet each year you're at university. Personally, I found joining a society the biggest support in making friends because you spend so much time together and make great memories in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.

Good luck for the future and I hope university is enjoyable for you if you choose to attend. I hope this helped.

Rachel- York St John Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending