The Student Room Group

Freshers wristband

My friend is starting uni in September but I had to re sit so I’m not starting until next year. She’s bought a freshers wristband and recommended me to buy one since we can both get into clubs quicker, only thing is where the wristband collection points are it says in brackets which unis can collect them, does this mean you need evidence of being in uni. Even if I’m not in uni can I still buy a freshers wristband or do they need proof of ID that I’m in university.
I’m afraid I won’t get accepted into my choice unis in august but I’m still interested in going clubbing with my friend if she gets into uni, can I still use my freshers wristband even if I don’t get accepted into the uni.
Depending on which one you got yes!
Original post by Bloopbleep220209
I’m afraid I won’t get accepted into my choice unis in august but I’m still interested in going clubbing with my friend if she gets into uni, can I still use my freshers wristband even if I don’t get accepted into the uni.

Hey there @Bloopbleep220209 !
I don't see why not! As long as you study at A university then they usually don't mind. I have had friends from different universities come and visit me before and all you have to do is show student ID to get into a students-only night, it doesn't matter what university you go to. I would double check on the wristband it doesn't say certain uni only just so you don't go all that way just to be turned away. For example, there's an event company in Sheffield that runs a Uni of Sheffield vs. Sheffield Hallam bar crawl night during freshers week and in that instance, only people who attend a Sheffield university would be able to go.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Original post by Bloopbleep220209
My friend is starting uni in September but I had to re sit so I’m not starting until next year. She’s bought a freshers wristband and recommended me to buy one since we can both get into clubs quicker, only thing is where the wristband collection points are it says in brackets which unis can collect them, does this mean you need evidence of being in uni. Even if I’m not in uni can I still buy a freshers wristband or do they need proof of ID that I’m in university.

Hey there @Bloopbleep220209 !
They will probably ask you to provide student ID when collecting your freshers wristband. It will be specific to your ticket as to whether you can attend a different university but still go. I've had friends from other universities come and visit me and we've gone to student nights together and it's been just fine because she had student ID. I'm unsure as to whether freshers is a uni-exclusive event though. It might be worth getting in contact with the events company you're interested in and asking them the conditions of the wristband before you buy it.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending