The Student Room Group

who do you go out with on freshers week

Hi guys I am starting uni next week and it sounds like a stupid question but who do you actually go out clubbing/ to events/ freshers fair with on freshers? Im assuming just your flat mates because you haven't started your course or societies yet?
Original post by ta_2005
Hi guys I am starting uni next week and it sounds like a stupid question but who do you actually go out clubbing/ to events/ freshers fair with on freshers? Im assuming just your flat mates because you haven't started your course or societies yet?

Hey,

Yeah, I personally found it's mainly just your flatmates, but you'll also likely meet others in your building as well or even just random people when you're out who you'll meet up with again during the week! :smile:

Best of luck with everything!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by University of Kent
Hey,

Yeah, I personally found it's mainly just your flatmates, but you'll also likely meet others in your building as well or even just random people when you're out who you'll meet up with again during the week! :smile:

Best of luck with everything!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Also to add to this ^

Depending on when you're uni's society/freshers fair is, some societies/sports clubs may have events during freshers week as well, but it's most likely these will come in later weeks :smile:

Natalie
Reply 3
Original post by University of Kent
Also to add to this ^

Depending on when you're uni's society/freshers fair is, some societies/sports clubs may have events during freshers week as well, but it's most likely these will come in later weeks :smile:

Natalie

Thank you Natalie :smile:
Original post by ta_2005

Hey there @ta_2005 !

It depends to be honest, basically whoever you want. I did three nights with my flat, one night with my coursemates and 2 nights with my neighbours. I met my coursemates through the freshers Facebook groups. We started a groupchat and arranged a night of the week to all go out together. I would definitely recommend joining freshers Facebook groups before you go as it's a great way to meet people before you get there and find a group to sit with in your lectures and seminars. I also met my neighbours through these groups. It's definitely important to not just stick to your flatmates when it comes to hanging out with people in your accommodation. The more friends you make, the better. Try reaching out to people who are in a similar flat number to you because the likelihood is you'll be living quite close together.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Original post by ta_2005

Hi ta_2005

During freshers week i went out with mainly my flat mates however during freshers i also had introductions for my course so there was a time i went out with my course mates as well as my flatmates. when you are walking between buildings for fresher activities there may be other people who you decide to make friends with which means that they could be from different buildings and courses from what you sre studying.

Good luck with anything

Emma
UCLAN student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending