The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge 2020 - C3L6

Scroll to see replies

ahaha no gonna wait to see what everyone else gets so I can judge how embarrassing mine is first

when do you think you will get your results
(edited 3 years ago)
I guess 9th July
Original post by jasper816
ahaha no gonna wait to see what everyone else gets so I can judge how embarrassing mine is first

when do you think you will get your results

The first award is normally about 15/60, so I wouldn't worry if you got a 'low' mark. The grade boundaries are just super low.
We've been given back our results at my sixth form and it'll be great to see what the grade boundaries. You guys had me worried when I saw the no certificates thing, but I'm glad if they are offering them again (except Rg). Overall I enjoyed the challenge a lot anyway, so it's not the end of the world.
I received mines today. Kinda not up to my expectation but ok enough. I havent had any news about the grade boundaries though
Original post by anthonyphung
I received mines today. Kinda not up to my expectation but ok enough. I havent had any news about the grade boundaries though

Those will be out on 20th July :yep:
Well done, very good result! Do you mind sharing/ discussing answers privately?
Reply 67
Gutted I would’ve got gold!!! Got 39/60 still gonna put it on the personal statement tho!!!!!
Reply 68
My chemistry teacher emailed me a couple days ago saying they’re just processing results and getting grade boundaries but based on previous years so I think so. Don’t know for sure but the science department at my college think we’re gonna get them. (At least the people who scored high)
Reply 69
Original post by WoAhHh1
My chemistry teacher emailed me a couple days ago saying they’re just processing results and getting grade boundaries but based on previous years so I think so. Don’t know for sure but the science department at my college think we’re gonna get them. (At least the people who scored high)

There’s a few rumours that boundaries might get published next week but idk for sure
How much do you think the Grade boundary for Gold will be? I guess 28-30. I don't want them to only give out 50 gold to replace the Roentgenium :smile:)
Reply 71
I reckon it could go two ways cause no one knows if people have cheated. If they have it could be high like 32-36 but if people have done it in exam conditions (like they should have) then it’s probably gonna be like 28-30.
Hoping for the lower one so people have w better chance. I know last years was 29
My teacher didn’t mark my score. What a teacher!!!
Reply 73
It’s quite unfortunate, as due to the circumstances, the awards received this Year will likely hold little weight on ps when applying this year :///
when is the deadline for sending the papers to Cambridge?
Original post by Jshehe
It’s quite unfortunate, as due to the circumstances, the awards received this Year will likely hold little weight on ps when applying this year :///

how do you know this?
ffs , the grade boundaries were released and they're much higher. So many people got high results proportionally in comparison to previous years. Did people not do this under exam conditions like I would've gotten a gold but i got copper :frown::frown:. I hate the person who leaked it.
The grade boundaries were out guys
Reply 78
Original post by mahmoud619
ffs , the grade boundaries were released and they're much higher. So many people got high results proportionally in comparison to previous years. Did people not do this under exam conditions like I would've gotten a gold but i got copper :frown::frown:. I hate the person who leaked it.

Exactly, they should’ve just voided this year due to the cheating, and plus, it’s highly likely that universities will not pay any attention to the results as they know that major fraudulent behaviour has taken place
I got 49.5 and it will be a gold. will they give
certificates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending