OCR A level biology memorise pathogen names? communicable diseases topic 12Watch
from the spec:
"the different types of pathogen that can cause
communicable diseases in plants and animals
• bacteria – tuberculosis (TB), bacterial
meningitis, ring rot (potatoes, tomatoes)
• viruses – HIV/AIDS (human), influenza
(animals), Tobacco Mosaic Virus (plants)
• protoctista – malaria, potato/tomato late
• fungi – black sigatoka (bananas), ringworm
(cattle), athlete’s foot (humans)."
"the means of transmission of animal and plant
To include direct and indirect transmission,
reference to vectors, spores and living conditions
– e.g. climate, social factors (no detail of the
symptoms of specific diseases is required)."