The Student Room Group

what website gives the content that's most accurate for OCR biology?

i'm a year 12 student, and i've heard that the biology mark-schemes are a grade killer. so instead of learning from a textbook or savemyexams, should i try look at OCR mark-schemes instead? and if so, where can i find a sort of hub of everything i should try and learn?
hi! i finished my ocr biology course this year and you’re 100% correct about the mark schemes because they’re BRUTAL at points, but you do need to make sure you know all of the content too. the best thing you can do is improve exam technique, so being able to pick out what part of the spec is being tested in a question and answering it directly etc. studywise is a website that has a write-up of the spec and the answers to most of the points, so for questions where you need to give a straightforward definition, you can memorise it word for word. studymind is another website and it was the most helpful thing for me, they’ve collected all the questions in past papers and categorised them by topic, so it’s easier to focus on one if you struggle with it more. you’ve got this! biology can get very hard at times but you can do it!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by okayykayy
hi! i finished my ocr biology course this year and you’re 100% correct about the mark schemes because they’re BRUTAL at points, but you do need to make sure you know all of the content too. the best thing you can do is improve exam technique, so being able to pick out what part of the spec is being tested in a question and answering it directly etc. studywise is a website that has a write-up of the spec and the answers to most of the points, so for questions where you need to give a straightforward definition, you can memorise it word for word. studymind is another website and it was the most helpful thing for me, they’ve collected all the questions in past papers and categorised them by topic, so it’s easier to focus on one if you struggle with it more. you’ve got this! biology can get very hard at times but you can do it!

ahh thank you so much!! this is very helpful, well done on getting through ocr biology, too aha ^-^
Reply 3
Original post by okayykayy

omg this is so helpful, i was just wondering , when you said the website has a write up of the spec/answers to the points, are u referring to the notes on the website or is it something else?
Reply 4
Original post by eman121104
omg this is so helpful, i was just wondering , when you said the website has a write up of the spec/answers to the points, are u referring to the notes on the website or is it something else?

as far as i remember, some of the documents were points from the spec and then the website creators had given basic straight answers to them - not all of them do but i vaguely remember mass printing out the pages!

Quick Reply

Latest