The Student Room Group

Should I feel as guilty as I do or just move on knowing I made a teenage mistake?

So I'm now at uni and consider myself a really good and kind person.

However over lockdown I've had too much time to think and I've been reminicising on some bad memories and abuse that happened to me on omegle.

I ALWAYS considered myself a victim for this. However I have just remembered a couple times where I lied about my age/gender and even once held a fake video up to my webcam to try trick someone I think! Obviously I never recorded or saved anything and I was just some dumb 14/15 year old at the time.

I obviously know this was bad but should I still feel bad all these years on knowing I was just a dumb kid who got hurt on there too compared to others that do it as ADULTS who do it. I just can't shake the guilt and everyone I tell says that it was just a young mistake not any worse than things loads of stupid kids have done?

Also has anyone else had bad experiences on omegle and hate the website as much as I do?
Reply 1
Personally, I haven't used the camera feature on Omegle, but I think if you think you're a better person, you should not feel bad for what you did as a teen. I constantly think back on things I did, and you were only a kid, whatever you did was when you were younger, not now.

From the sounds of it, you have changed and matured, as is expected, so try not to fret so much! Everyone makes mistakes, especially when they're younger!

Quick Reply

Latest