The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Doesn’t anyone know how Dundee calculate points for selection at interview for the A100 programme ?

Im not sure how they calculate points but i believe that once you receive an interview it is then a level playing field meaning the result will depend on your interview performance.
Just sent my application to Dundee for deferred entry 2022 :smile: good luck everyone!
Good luck to everyone applying to Dundee if anyone has questions about Dundee as a city, I’ve lived there all my life feel free to pm:colondollar:.
Reply 23
Original post by IbeIC123
Good luck to everyone applying to Dundee if anyone has questions about Dundee as a city, I’ve lived there all my life feel free to pm:colondollar:.

Hey, how's the shopping for computer parts in the city centre?

It's a hobby of mine so I'd like a city with some tech to mess with 😊
Just sent my application to Dundee today!
Good luck to everyone else applying! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by AKK423
Hey, how's the shopping for computer parts in the city centre?

It's a hobby of mine so I'd like a city with some tech to mess with 😊

I think you could stroll up to any computer fixing shop, many of those around I think and ask for spare parts.
Hi,
I have just submitted my application for Dundee. I am a RUK student and my stats are; A*98777666 BTEC Dist and Merit and predicted A*AA.
UCAT: 2720 so average 680 Band 2.
Im scared this isnt enough.
Reply 27
Original post by anoynmous1
Hi,
I have just submitted my application for Dundee. I am a RUK student and my stats are; A*98777666 BTEC Dist and Merit and predicted A*AA.
UCAT: 2720 so average 680 Band 2.
Im scared this isnt enough.

I don't know anything about that academic system since I'm a Scotland student, but your UCAT is slightly above the average for students that get an offer! :]

2019 entry 2670
2020 entry 2677
Hi, hope someone can help, I got 5 A's and a B at NAT 5, 5 A's at higher and predicted 3 A's at advanced. UCAT 2920 band 3. Will the band 3 affect my chances? What are my overall chances? Also do you know if you get an interview is the slate then wiped clean and it is all down to the interview or do they take the acedemics still into account? Thanks for the help
Original post by antonysummers
Hi, hope someone can help, I got 5 A's and a B at NAT 5, 5 A's at higher and predicted 3 A's at advanced. UCAT 2920 band 3. Will the band 3 affect my chances? What are my overall chances? Also do you know if you get an interview is the slate then wiped clean and it is all down to the interview or do they take the acedemics still into account? Thanks for the help

about the band 3 - only used to choose between 2 applicants that are exactly the same (UCAT + academics + interview) when giving the offer after the interview

Glasgow is the only Scottish uni where the offer is based entirely on interview performance

Dundee, based on what they have said on the website and open days cause they annoyingly don't answer FOIs :colonhash:, before interview is 60:40 for academics and UCAT score (without the band ?) and then the offer is based on 50:50 ratio of academics before plus the interview score

Your stats look amazing imo and good luck :biggrin:
Hi Guys, Just got info from known person some movement on application has started ... please don't ask me more info as it is private info of known person.
Looks like email from application acknowledgement by Dundee Uni team and advised that the application is been assessed by team, I guess whenever team analyse application the confirmation is been send to pupil.

Cheers
D
Reply 31
Original post by Derk121
Hi Guys, Just got info from known person some movement on application has started ... please don't ask me more info as it is private info of known person.
Looks like email from application acknowledgement by Dundee Uni team and advised that the application is been assessed by team, I guess whenever team analyse application the confirmation is been send to pupil.

Cheers
D

Yeah, I got a similar email roughly a week ago.
Original post by AKK423
Yeah, I got a similar email roughly a week ago.

I got acknowledgement 30/09 and then fee status confirmation 06/11 so would say they are starting to look yes!
Dundee are running their first set of interviews from November 30th to December 17th then a second set from the 11th to the 15th of January. So hopefully not too long before we hear something
Original post by imogenworrall
Dundee are running their first set of interviews from November 30th to December 17th then a second set from the 11th to the 15th of January. So hopefully not too long before we hear something

Gosh that’s quite soon for the first lot!
Original post by ChemGirl95
Gosh that’s quite soon for the first lot!

I know! I think they send invites with 2 weeks notice so it could literally be in the next week or next month
I know! I think they send invites with 2 weeks notice so it could literally be in the next week or next month

Suddenly feels very real! Last year people seem to have got invites on the 21st Nov for the first set (which started 2nd Dec).
Best of luck to you and fingers crossed we hear some good news soon!
Original post by ChemGirl95
Suddenly feels very real! Last year people seem to have got invites on the 21st Nov for the first set (which started 2nd Dec).
Best of luck to you and fingers crossed we hear some good news soon!

Good luck to you! It seems like this is the one thing that coronavirus hasn’t delayed, seems more like it’s accelerated this process!
Reply 38
Fingers crossed for us all hehe.

Dundee is extra nauseating for me since they're so mysterious with their evaluation process.

Wow that is so soon! Where did you find this out?

Latest

Trending

Trending